- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Transformed
August 31, 2017
Deadline: August 31st, 2017
Payment: $10 and a contributor’s copy
Release the monster within.
Nothing is quite so deliciously freeing as caving to your instincts. For centuries, shapeshifters have personified our impulse to bow to our animalistic nature. From lycans to skin-walkers and everything in between, shapeshifters give us a chance to connect with our inner-selves and celebrate our intriguing differences, our passions, and ultimately our humanity through their necessity of striking a balance between their human selves and supernatural selves.
We are seeking romantic and heated stories that delve into the different challenges all shifters face while navigating the mysterious paths of love and forbidden attraction.
Transformed will be an exploration of our dark side through characters that challenge the human experience by simply being different. We would love to follow the tale of a misunderstood lycan just trying to find his true place beside the woman he loves. We want to experience the angst of a pair of shapeshifting lovers who must fight against their curse to shift into predator and prey every lunar cycle. We would love for you to explore the endless undercurrents of romance, intrigue, and passion that bubble under the surface of not only human and shapeshifter relationships but also those of star-crossed shapeshifting partners. Give us your misunderstood werewolves and gentle fawn-folk. Build us a world where anything goes and the term “humanity” is a loose distinction. We would love for you to write with passion and energy, but please keep violence to a respectful and tasteful level. All heat levels accepted, but strong emphasis on plot is a must if you wish to succeed.
- Stories between 1,000 – 15,000 words long (query for longer)
- Reprints accepted but not preferred. When submitting a reprint include information about its original publication in your submission email.
- Open to all gender pairings and multiple partners
- Simultaneous & multiple submissions = No
Payment: $10 USD and a paperback copy of the anthology in exchange for the non-exclusive right to include the story in both the print and electronic versions of the anthology.
Open Submission Period: June 1st, 2017—August 31st 2017. (Submission email address will be provided closer to the opening of the submission period)
To submit: Please submit a .doc or .rtf in something approximating standard manuscript format to [email protected]
About the Editor: Charlie Watson is a freelance editor ready to make her mark on the Edmonton writing community. Through her work with various writing and editing groups around YEG who deal exclusively with first time authors, Charlie is devoted to ensuring that fledgling authors have a wonderful experience publishing for the first time.
About the Series: Triskaidekaphilia is the love of the number thirteen. It’s also the name of our anthology series which explores the more shadowy corners of romance and erotica. There will be 13 volumes in total, each of which will be released on a Friday the 13th.
Pen and Kink Publishing and our anthology editors welcome submissions from writers of all backgrounds (including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender/gender expression, age, disability, and national origin), and are always looking for submissions with diverse characters.
Via: Pen And Kink Pub.
- The 2017 Nebula Award Finalists Have Been Announced - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monsters Of Any Kind - February 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bound Books “Best Of” Anthology - February 19, 2018
- WIHM: Exploring Discrimination With Monsters - February 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 02/18/2018 - February 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018