- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Tiny Nightmares
Deadline: May 1st, 2019
Tiny Nightmares will be a collection of short and terrifying tales of monsters, madness, and nightmares. The anthology follows up on Tiny Crimes, an anthology of short crime fiction featuring stories by Carmen Maria Machado, Yuri Herrera, Brian Evenson, Amelia Gray, and more.
For Tiny Nightmares, we’re seeking short stories that play with and expand the boundaries of horror fiction — think of the stretch of unlit highway between Jordan Peele’s Get Out, Samanta Schweblin’s Fever Dream, and Stephen King’s IT. Stories that turn our understanding of “scary” on its (trembling) head. We’re looking for:
- Stories of new monsters, and old ones that scare us in new ways
- Tiny, intimate horrors to make our hair stand on end
- Horror as cultural/political/environmental funhouse mirror
- Subversions of traditional horror tropes
- Something so scary we haven’t thought of it yet
Stories should be under 1200 words.
Stories should be previously unpublished.
Payment will be $100 dollars.
Deadline: May 1st
Via: Catapult’s Submittable.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019