- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Rock N’ Roll Horror Zine #3
September 20, 2018
Deadline: September 20th, 2018
Payment: $5 and a contributor’s copy
If you want some specific examples of the kinds of stories the zine would be interested in, try checking out the collection “Amazing Punk Stories” by David Agranoff or the anthology “Axes Of Evil”. If you’re still unclear, try picking up a copy of the first issue here: https://doomgoat666.wixsite.com/benfitts/zines
For artwork, make sure that your submissions contain elements of BOTH rock and roll and horror/weird fiction. Zombie rock bands, demonic electric guitars, minotaurs with mohawks wearing Misfits shirts and other things along these lines are what the zine is looking for. If you send artwork (or stories) that are JUST rock and roll or JUST horror/bizarro/weird fiction, it will be rejected. Also artist bear in mind that the zine is as of now printed in black and white. If you submit cover art, please do not include any text. All text, including the title of the zine, will be superimposed over your image later.
Submissions are now open indefinitely. Although deadlines may be occasionally posted, they refer to the latest possible cutoff to make the next issue. Any submissions accepted past that date will instead be applied to the next after.
Please include all submissions as an attachment and introduce yourself and provide some context in the body of the email. Just dragging your submission into an email and pressing send without any words is kind of rude, just saying. If you submit, please be willing to cooperate with potential edits and remember the goal is to make your work as best as it possibly can be.
Personalized feedback can be offered if requested, but do not expect it otherwise.
The Rock N’ Roll Horror Zine wants to represent the full scope of humanity and encourages submissions by people of all identities.
If you have any further questions, please email [email protected]
-Ben Fitts, editor
- Trembling With Fear 03/24/2019 - March 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019