- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Suction Cup Dreams: An Octopus Anthology
January 31, 2012
Suction Cup Dreams: An Octopus Anthology
Deadline: January 31, 2012
Payment: $20 and 1 Contributor’s Copy
What We Want
SUCTION CUP DREAMS: An Octopus Anthology, features ca. 15 short fiction stories dealing with the most fascinating and noble of marine lifeforms, the octopus. We welcome all subgenres and forms of fiction, spanning genres and styles, from romance, historical fiction, crime dramas, to sci-fi horror. We are looking for short stories which either showcase or are inspired by the octopus as a central theme.
Deadline for submissions is January 31, 2012. No entries will be accepted beyond this deadline.
What We Don’t Want
We will not accept stories which have the octopus theme obviously shoehorned in after the fact. We do not want stories about tentacled, non-octopus creatures. We do not want tales about Cthulhu – there are enough stories dedicated to him, and he isn’t an octopus (although a Lovecraftian style tale would be allowed if it dealt with octopodes specifically). We are not looking for poetry. And we don’t want a large amount of vulgarity or sexual perversion, though erotica is accepted.
Multiple Submissions and Reprints
We accept up to two (2) multiple submissions for review. Each one must be sent via its own separate email. Reprints are permissable, as long as prior publication is mentioned and described in the cover letter.
We offer one contributor’s copy of the book as payment.
How to Submit
Please use our submission webform to submit your manuscript. We do not accept e-mail or postal submissions except for compelling exceptions.
Each submission will be reviewed and considered based on creativity, originality, concept, and style. Not all works will be accepted.
We recommend tracking your submission on duotrope.com.
Make sure to follow our Twitter feed @obsolescentinfo and like our Facebook Page to keep in touch with news and promotions. And make sure to spread the word to other interested authors!
Upon acceptance for the anthology, we obtain non-exclusive print and digital format rights to your story.
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bound Books “Best Of” Anthology - February 19, 2018
- WIHM: Exploring Discrimination With Monsters - February 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 02/18/2018 - February 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018
- WIHM: But I AM a nice girl. - February 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lit Mag - February 13, 2018