- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Suction Cup Dreams: An Octopus Anthology
January 31, 2012
Suction Cup Dreams: An Octopus Anthology
Deadline: January 31, 2012
Payment: $20 and 1 Contributor’s Copy
What We Want
SUCTION CUP DREAMS: An Octopus Anthology, features ca. 15 short fiction stories dealing with the most fascinating and noble of marine lifeforms, the octopus. We welcome all subgenres and forms of fiction, spanning genres and styles, from romance, historical fiction, crime dramas, to sci-fi horror. We are looking for short stories which either showcase or are inspired by the octopus as a central theme.
Deadline for submissions is January 31, 2012. No entries will be accepted beyond this deadline.
What We Don’t Want
We will not accept stories which have the octopus theme obviously shoehorned in after the fact. We do not want stories about tentacled, non-octopus creatures. We do not want tales about Cthulhu – there are enough stories dedicated to him, and he isn’t an octopus (although a Lovecraftian style tale would be allowed if it dealt with octopodes specifically). We are not looking for poetry. And we don’t want a large amount of vulgarity or sexual perversion, though erotica is accepted.
Multiple Submissions and Reprints
We accept up to two (2) multiple submissions for review. Each one must be sent via its own separate email. Reprints are permissable, as long as prior publication is mentioned and described in the cover letter.
We offer one contributor’s copy of the book as payment.
How to Submit
Please use our submission webform to submit your manuscript. We do not accept e-mail or postal submissions except for compelling exceptions.
Each submission will be reviewed and considered based on creativity, originality, concept, and style. Not all works will be accepted.
We recommend tracking your submission on duotrope.com.
Make sure to follow our Twitter feed @obsolescentinfo and like our Facebook Page to keep in touch with news and promotions. And make sure to spread the word to other interested authors!
Upon acceptance for the anthology, we obtain non-exclusive print and digital format rights to your story.
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome – Cthulhu Christmas Special - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Awakenings - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2018 - October 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine - October 16, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 10/15/2017 - October 15, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Primordial Magazine - October 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tumblr-Twist Anthology - October 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ‘The Razor’s Edge’, ‘Guilds & Glaives’, and ‘Second Round’ - October 11, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Lake Volume 5 - October 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Strangely Funny V - October 9, 2017