- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dieselpunk
April 30, 2012
Deadline: April 30th, 2012
Payment: 3% of Revenue from both ebook and print edition sales.
Twit Publishing is going far afield with this one and hoping to help establish a new genre. We’ve already covered the older genres from the 1920’s to 1950’s pulps with Twit Publishing Presents: PULP! anthologies, and are looking at a young genre that re-examines the 20s, 30s, 40s, and early 50s: Dieselpunk.
What is Dieselpunk? Dieselpunk is a re-imagining of the diesel-era (the post-World War I era to the early 1950s). It’s gangsters, bootleggers, swing, Mexican revolutionaries, Dillinger and Bonnie and Clyde, U-Boats, the Depression, the end of the Wild West, Bolshevik agents, greasers, zeppelins, jazz, art-deco, roadsters, hobos (anything that fits into this era of time along with cross-genres), and the Red Scare. It is the beginning of mechanization of the military and the beginning of the mechanization of the factory.
We’re looking for over-the-top storylines that fit into this genre. Horror, action, detective, crime, and even fantasy can be fit into this genre. Think steam-punk, but with petroleum-fueled engines. Be creative!
Compensation: 3% of Revenue from both ebook and print edition sales.
- All short stories must meet the minimum requirements of 4000 words, and be a maximum of 9000 words in length.
- All content submitted to Twit Publishing for PULP! anthologies must be solely owned by the creator.
- Additionally, all content must be original.
- Stories must be submitted by the author(s), and not a 3rd party.
- Please submit as a .DOC or .RTF file.
- Please send a short author’s bio along with any submission.
- Do not send any story pitches or ideas. **They will be deleted without being read**.
- **Submissions from authors in the United States only**
Email submissions to: [email protected]
Subject line of email should read as the author’s name and title of submitted story.
[via: Twit Publishing.]
- Taking Submissions: Gruesome Games - July 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Mythical Girls - July 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2019 - July 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019
- Open Novel Submissions: Mobius Books - July 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Longevity - July 10, 2019