Taking Submissions: SNAFU – Resurrection
Deadline: April 30th, 2018
Payment: 4cents per word AUD and contributor’s copy
THEME – MILITARY HORROR.
WHAT WE WANT: MILITARY HORROR, AND LOTS OF IT. THINK DOOM, RESIDENT EVIL, TERMINATOR, DOG SOLDIERS, ALIENS (THE SECOND MOVIE, NOT THE FIRST)… ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CALLED A HIGH-ACTION MONSTER STORY. AND SOLDIERS!
THIS VOLUME IS LIKE THE PREVIOUS VOLUMES SQUARED.
WE WANT EXTREME ACTION, AND IT HAS TO BE MILITARY OR PARAMILITARY ACTION. CAN BE MERCS OR EX-SOLDIERS, THOUGH, SO LONG AS THEY ARE HARDCASES.
AND TO SAY IT AGAIN, FULL ACTION. NOTHING LESS.
EDITED BY GEOFF BROWN, AMANDA J. SPEDDING, & MATTHEW SUMMERS
PAYMENT: AUD4C/WORD AND ONE CONTRIBUTOR COPY IN EACH FORMAT RELEASED
WORDCOUNT RANGE: 2,000 – 10,000 WORDS (QUERY FOR SHORTER OR LONGER)
SUBMISSIONS OPEN FEB 1 2018. CLOSING DATE IS APRIL 30TH 2018 (ANYTHING SUBMITTED OUTSIDE THIS PERIOD WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ OR REPLIED TO).
NO SELECTIONS WILL BE MADE UNTIL AFTER THE PERIOD CLOSES.
PROJECTED PUBLICATION DATE: LATE 2018
Please follow these guidelines when submitting to us:
1. Please put your full contact details and word count on the first page of the manuscript.
2. Standard submission format, with minimal document formatting.
3. Courier or Times New Roman set at 12pt. Italics as they will appear. No underlining.
4. Double spaced.
5. Please don’t use TAB or space bar to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure or using a program that has no styles, DO NOT indent at all. That’s still cool.
6. NO SPACE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required. ONE SPACE after full stops.
7. Please put full contact details on the first page of the manuscript (yes, I said this twice… it’s important).
8. Send your submission to Geoff Brown at [email protected] as an attachment (.doc/.rtf only)
9. In the subject line of your email, please put Resurrection: [STORY TITLE] (Replace [STORY TITLE] with your actual story title. Yes, unfortunately I do need to state this)
NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
For a guide to standard submission format, see: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
The only variations to Shunn’s format are that italics MUST appear as they will be used – no underlining – and again, only one space after a full stop.
Anyone that fails to follow these guidelines will likely see their story shredded by mutant zombie-like creatures.
Via: Cohesion Press.
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - April 26, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nature’s ‘Futures’ - April 25, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 5. Wet Ash - April 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018