Deadline: May 1st, 2018
Payment: $.01 a word
Folk Horror has emerged from the shadows of the late 1960s and early 1970s into a haunting subgenre of horror, fusing atmospheric and horrifying elements of cults, pagan sex, and human sacrifice. In the world of Folk Horror, the laws of God and Man are stripped away by secretive, provincial, surreal, and occult ritualism that subverts the established order in favor of a monstrous, all-consuming, elemental force of ancient evil.
Nosetouch Press is proud to bring forth FIENDS IN THE FURROWS: AN ANTHOLOGY OF FOLK HORROR, a call for submissions that summon Folk Horror from around the world—from its deep roots in Britain and Ireland, to continental Europe, as well as North and South America, Africa, and Asia.
We encourage writers to capture the essence of Folk Horror in new and terrifying ways above and beyond the cinematic “Unholy Trinity” of its origins, exploring the darkest of Folk traditions and weaving them into terrifying tales of Folk Horror.
Send your best original Folk Horror stories of 5,000 to 10,000 words. Submissions that are chosen will be paid $.01 a word. No poems or reprints, please.
Email entries to [email protected]
.doc or .rtf format • Please state “FIENDS” in the subject line.
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019