Deadline: May 1st, 2018
Payment: $.01 a word
Folk Horror has emerged from the shadows of the late 1960s and early 1970s into a haunting subgenre of horror, fusing atmospheric and horrifying elements of cults, pagan sex, and human sacrifice. In the world of Folk Horror, the laws of God and Man are stripped away by secretive, provincial, surreal, and occult ritualism that subverts the established order in favor of a monstrous, all-consuming, elemental force of ancient evil.
Nosetouch Press is proud to bring forth FIENDS IN THE FURROWS: AN ANTHOLOGY OF FOLK HORROR, a call for submissions that summon Folk Horror from around the world—from its deep roots in Britain and Ireland, to continental Europe, as well as North and South America, Africa, and Asia.
We encourage writers to capture the essence of Folk Horror in new and terrifying ways above and beyond the cinematic “Unholy Trinity” of its origins, exploring the darkest of Folk traditions and weaving them into terrifying tales of Folk Horror.
Send your best original Folk Horror stories of 5,000 to 10,000 words. Submissions that are chosen will be paid $.01 a word. No poems or reprints, please.
Email entries to [email protected]
.doc or .rtf format • Please state “FIENDS” in the subject line.
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creatures - January 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 01/13/2019 - January 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glass & Gardens: Solarpunk Winters - January 11, 2019
- Video Refresh: Taking The Next Step - January 11, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: Unnatural Creatures – Aberrant Behavior - January 11, 2019