- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Snafu II
December 31, 2014
Deadline: December 31, 2014
Payment: AUD4c/word and one contributor copy in each format released
SNAFU II: Survival of the Fittest
SNAFU brought the pain. SNAFU II will bring even more.
For this anthology, we want survival horror featuring soldiers.
Survival horror says it all. Resident Evil… Silent Hill… with soldiers.
Straining to make that one clip of rounds last. Making sure not to waste a single bullet.
Lost in the shadows, low on ammo, only edged weapons, and/or wounded, fighting to survive, the last remnants of the mission team trying to make sense of where they had gone wrong, and how to make it out alive with next-to-no resources.
We still want military combat from any period, don’t get me wrong, but we also want fear… we want suspense and tension… we want originality in the monster/antagonist, and how they are finally overcome. To allow for this building of atmosphere and tension, we have upped the word limit to 10,000.
And then, we want something jaw-droppingly amazing.
SNAFU II will hold novellas by some best-selling authors, with announcements to come soon.
- Edited by Geoff Brown and Amanda J Spedding
- Payment: AUD4c/word and one contributor copy in each format released
- Wordcount range: 1,000 – 10,000 words (query for shorter or longer)
- Submission window: October 1 – December 31, 2014 (anything submitted outside of this window will be deleted without being read)
- Projected publication date: Second Quarter 2015
Please follow these guidelines when submitting to us:
1. Please put your full contact details on the first page of the manuscript top left, with word count top right.
2. Standard submission format, with minimal document formatting.
3. Courier or Times New Roman set at 12pt. Italics as they will appear. No underlining.
4. Double spaced.
5. Please don’t use TAB or space bar to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure or using a program that has no styles, do not indent at all. That’s still cool.
7. NO SPACE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required. ONE SPACE after full stops.
8. Please put full contact details on the first page of the manuscript (yes, I said this twice… it’s important).
9. Send your submission to Geoff Brown at editor@ as an attachment (doc or docx).
10. In the subject line of your email, please put SNAFU2: [STORY TITLE]
(Replace [STORY TITLE] with your actual story title. Yes, unfortunately I do need to state this)
NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS
NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS
For a guide to standard submission format, see: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
The only variation to this format is that italics MUST appear as they will be used; no underlining.
Anyone that fails to follow these guidelines will likely see their story gobbled up by spam gremlins.
Good luck, and good hunting…
Via: Cohesion Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!