- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Red Room: Extreme Horror Magazine #1
Deadline: July 1st, 2017
Payment: 3 cents per word, ($120 max).
The first issue of Red Room Magazine will be published in late September/early October 2017 from Comet Press. The magazine will feature horror fiction and non-fiction; reviews, articles, interviews.
The magazine will tentatively be published 2 or 3 times per year in digital and print.
DEADLINE FOR ISSUE 1: JULY 1, 2017
FICTION & POETRY
We are looking for dark, disturbing, extreme horror and dark crime stories. We want stories that are well plotted, and not just gore for gores sake, although we think gore is a good thing (and encouraged, along with blasphemy, subversive subject matter, graphic violence and language, etc). Anything goes except kiddie porn, of course.
Length: Up to 4000 words.
Pay: 3 cents per word, ($120 max).
Word count is flexible, but our maximum payment is $120.00.
Reprints: At this time reprints are invite only.
Multiple submissions: Up to two, send them in a separate email.
Simultaneous Submissions: Yes, but please let us know in your email query, and let us know immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
NON FICTION: ARTICLES, BOOK REVIEWS, AUTHOR INTERVIEWS
We are looking for original, high quality and well-written horror related articles, author interviews, and book reviews, of up to 1000 words.
Book reviews should be between 400-600 words in length and follow standard book review format.
Reprints: No reprints.
Length: Up to 1000 words.
Pay: 3 cents a word ($30 max).
Longer works might be considered but $30 is the max payment.
Multiple submissions: Up to two in each category, please send them in a separate email.
Simultaneous submissions: Yes, but please let us know in your email query, and let us know immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
We offer $30 for reprint rights for preexisting cover or interior art. Please only send us a link to your online portfolio. Selected art must be available in high quality 300 dpi. We do not commission original work for the magazine, only preexisting art.
Artist may send links to their portfolio year-round to redroom [at] cometpress.us
WHAT TO SEND
In the body of an email:
- Author name
- Title of work
- A short description of the work
- A short bio
- Attach the entire manuscript in rtf or doc format.
Send submissions to redroom [at] cometpress.us
DEADLINE FOR ISSUE 1: JULY 1, 2017
Artist may send links to their portfolio year round.
Unsolicited Rewrites: No unsolicited rewrites of stories that we’ve already rejected.
Response Time: Response times average 2-4 weeks, at which point we will either reject, accept, or ask permission to place on the short list.
Please note: Due to the number of submissions we receive, we are usually unable to give feedback on why your work was rejected. This allows us to respond to everyone in a more timely manner, so please don’t take it personally!
Rights Purchased: For original fiction and non-fiction we buy First Worldwide English-language rights in all countries throughout the world, and require exclusivity for a period of 6 months after the publication date
View full contract info at the links below:
Via: Comet Press.
- Taking Submissions: The Asterisk Anthology—Round 4: Nautical Nightmares - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar - July 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales From the Fluffy Bunny - July 24, 2017
- ‘The Calling’ Blog Tour – Brent Abell On “Writing What You Know” - July 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome September Issue - July 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Autumn’s Harvest Anthology Call: Autumn Fantasy Anthology - July 17, 2017