- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions ‘Re-Launch’ and ‘Re-Quest’
Deadline: February 28th, 2018
Note: Reprints Only
Pole to Pole Publishing is seeking short, re-print fiction for two anthologies to be published in 2018 as the forerunners in our Re-Imagined Stories series: Re-Launch and Re-Quest.
Re-Launch requires dark science fiction reprints on the theme of “launch” or “re-launch.” Re-Questrequires dark fantasy reprints on the theme of “quests.”
For both anthologies, stories should be 3,000-5,000 words and meet the central theme of the anthology. Reprints currently available on line are not eligible. Preference is for stories that haven’t been published in at least a year. Older reprints will carry more weight than new ones.
Author must possess the rights to offer the story for submission.
Profane and vulgar language — because we market to both adult and YA readers. If we are interested in your story, we may ask you to edit profane and vulgar language as a condition of publication.
First Person and Present Tense. We’ve published both: when the stories were very, very good. We want to let you know up front that we’re going to reject this most of the time. It’s just not our preference.
Excessive Gore and/or violence. Blood and guts are fine—as long as they’re part of the story and not the story itself.
Sex. See above about marketing to a wider audience.
– The non-exclusive right to publish the story to the new Pole to Pole Publishing Patreon blog (for patron’s eyes only).
– The non-exclusive right to collect the stories into an anthology, published in 2018.
Payment: Payment is $10 per story, paid on acceptance (contract must be signed), via PayPal only; plus, one electronic and one print copy of the antho your story appears in.
Sorry: If you do not have a PayPal account, please do not submit your work.
What We Don’t Want:
No rape, torture, etc. of children. No animal abuse. No stories with characters from a copyrighted world that belongs to someone else.
Submit stories through the Submittable. Authors may submit one story for each anthology.
All stories should be in standard manuscript form and in .doc or .docx only.
No tabs. Please format the document with a first line indent.
Curly quotes, please—no straight quotes.
Only one story from each author (per anthology) will be considered.
If you’re not sure if your story is suitable, don’t query; just go ahead and submit and let our editors decide.
Deadline: February 28, 2018 or until filled. Be aware that all of our anthologies have filled before the deadline, so please don’t wait until the last minute to submit.
Via: Pole To Pole Publishing.
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018