- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: No Rest for the Wicked
March 1, 2012
Deadline: March 1st, 2012
Payment: 1 Contributor’s Copy
Title: No Rest for the Wicked
Edited and Compiled by Stacey Graham
Published by: Rainstorm Press
Theme: Think that watch was such a great bargain on eBay? Think again, Sparky. Some items have a history and we want to hear the gory details of what happened after a haunted object enters the picture.
Deadline: March 1, 2012 (or until full)
Target release date: May 2012
What we are looking for:
Ghost stories centered on a haunted object that are well-crafted without a lot of fluff. Write tight!
Humor is always welcome.
Stories: 3,000 – 5,000 words in length, but will consider shorter stories if it scares the bejeebers out of me
Flash fiction: Up to 500 words
Poetry: Up to 20 lines
What we’re not looking for:
Gratuitous violence or erotica.
Authors will receive one contributor’s copy (print and ebook) plus the option to purchase additional copies at 25% off the retail price. Poems and flash fiction payment will be one ebook copy only.
Rainstorm Press asks for first world print rights, in paperback and digital format, for the first year. After that time, the author may shop the work to other markets, but the work will remain in the anthology for a period of five years from the publication date.
No re-prints, please.
How to submit:
Please submit your story to http://norestforthewicked.submishmash.com/submit. Add your name, contact information (including email address) and a brief bio to the cover letter.
Please format your story/poem using examples found here before submitting.
You may submit up to three (3) pieces of your work.
Please email norestforthewickedanthATgmail.com. Submissions sent to this email address will be deleted unread.
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Little Girl Lost: Thirteen Tales of Youth Disrupted - April 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cats. And Bikes. In Space. - April 17, 2019
- Calling All Poets! Billy Collins Teaches Reading And Writing Poetry In This New MasterClass! - April 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Shadow Booth Volumes 4 And 5 - April 16, 2019