- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Soul Reflections
April 15, 2012
Deadline: April 15th 2012
Payment: ¼ cent a word upon publication
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 15, 2012 Midnight (EST)
Edited by Mark Taylor and Jessica A. Weiss
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
They say that the mirror reflects the soul, the Egyptians believed that the shadow held great power and could move at great speeds, and Narcissus believed that his reflection in water was a vision of his own sister – a woman of unsurpassed beauty. Sometimes a reflection shows us what we want to see, other times it shows us the horrors of what we don’t. We are looking for dark fantasy/horror stories revealing the truth behind the reflections, and most certainly not limited to those mentioned.
WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR:
Slash and hack, blood and gore for their own sake. Graphic rape, torture, child molestation, and animal torture have their place, but not here. No erotica or adult themes.
We prefer stories written in the third person—will consider first person if you knock our socks off.
Looking for short stories in the 3,500- 6,000 word range, but will consider stories slightly over 6,000 words. Lower word count is FIRM.
Payment is ¼ cent a word upon publication.
Email submissions to: Soul[email protected]press.com
Please put SUBMISSION, followed by the title of the story, and word count, in the subject line of your email.
[via: Wicked East Press.]
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018