- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Mummy Knows Best
Deadline: July 16th, 2017
Payment: Contributor’s copy, £10 token payment, 5% royalty
Mummy Knows Best
Editor: Theresa Derwin
Publisher: Quantum Corsets
Submission deadline: Midnight GBT Sun 16th July 2017
Attach as: Word doc or doc x
Release date: Autumn 2017 at a SFF/Horror Con
So, what do we want? What will your story need to be to potentially meet our requirements?
It’ll be 3,500 – 7,000 with a preference of 5,000 words.
You’ll have followed the Shunn guidelines and;
used double quotation marks for speech and single for inverted commas.
Mummy Knows Best is an anthology about Mummies. Not Mothers! Though if you have a great idea about a Mummy who’s a mummy, why not give it a whirl?
Please consider the range of Mummies across the globe or even beyond! No place is anathema and no time is prohibited. I don’t want just Egyptian mummies! In fact, I will be accepting no more than two Egyptian mummy stories.
If you have a solid idea for an Egyptian based story, please approach me at the email address below with a brief outline of no more than 200 words by 22nd June 2017.
We would like to see a wide variety of stories from Eastern and Western cultures as well as anywhere your imagination takes you. However, I don’t want a rehash of Brendan Fraser or Tom Cruise blockbusters. Think Universal rather than Michael Bay – adventure and a sense of wonder are encouraged. A sense of humour would be good – if it doesn’t become a pastiche.
I am looking for diversity – not just single, white, male, middle class characters. Reflect the multi-cultural society in which we live. LGBT characters are encouraged. Consider #POC as protagonists. Breath life and substance into your characters and settings.
Please send your story as an attachment to [email protected] by the submission closure date.
Your email subject should be;
Do not include a bio at this stage.
Please ensure your Word or RTF doc is titled as follows;
Decisions will be notified by email within 4 – 6 weeks after submission closure date.
You should receive a receipt for your submission within 10 days of sending it to the correct email address.
The important bit – Payment
Successful authors will receive:
A physical copy of the paperback and eBook of Mummy Knows Best
A year’s subscription to receive all our eBooks 2017
A £10 token payment at the launch event or within one month of the launch event.
A 5% royalty
Via: Terror Tree.
- Trembling With Fear 10/22/2017 - October 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Brewed Awakenings Volume 4 - October 20, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Longshot Island - October 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome – Cthulhu Christmas Special - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Awakenings - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2018 - October 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine - October 16, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 10/15/2017 - October 15, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Primordial Magazine - October 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tumblr-Twist Anthology - October 12, 2017