- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Down with the Fallen
Deadline: July 21st, 2017
Payment: $5 per 1,000 words
Franklin/Kerr Press is looking for exceptional horror short stories with post-apocalyptic and dystopian themes or settings for our upcoming horror anthology Down with the Fallen. Stories can cover a wide variety of horror sub-genre′s such as sci-fi, splatter, psychological, suspense and the weird as long as they have a substantial dystopian or post-apocalyptic element. We will not accept works with erotic or extreme sexually explicit elements. We will choose eight to ten stories to include in the anthology from author submissions to be published in both print and e-book formats.
All stories should be edited and as free of error as possible prior to submission. Each story can range from 2,000 to 8,000 words, however, longer stories will be considered.
Accepted works will grant Franklin/Kerr Press first exclusive English-language rights for one year and non-exclusive English-language rights for the life of the anthology in digital and print formats. The author of each short story will retain the copyright to their respective work.
Payment per Story
$5 per 1,000 words
Each author will also receive one copy of the published anthology in print and be entitled to an author discount on additional copies.
Simultaneous & Multiple Submissions
No simultaneous submissions will be accepted. Multiple submissions from the same author will be considered but please note that only one story per author will be accepted to allow for greater variety and diversity. Previously unpublished stories only, no reprints unless requested.
July 21, 2017 at Midnight EST or until all slots have been filled.
How to Submit
Send your full manuscript along with a query letter and brief bio to [email protected] in a .DOC or .DOCX format with a subject line of “DWTF Anthology Submission / Your Name,” i.e. “DWTF Anthology Submission / John Doe.” Submissions should be formatted according to the Shunn Short Story Manuscript Formatting Guide here. We will send out acceptance notifications a few weeks after the submission deadline.
Via: Franklin Kerr.
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017
- ‘Full Bleed’ Is Coming To Kickstarter And Might Be Of Interest To You! - September 12, 2017