Carnal Horror Anthology
Mega Thump Publishing** is now accepting Short Stories to be considered for its second Anthology (title TBD), to be edited again by yours truly.
We are looking for quality short Horror stories that use sex or overt sexuality as a primary theme.
What we are NOT looking for:
- No erotica, supernatural or otherwise (that is, no adult content for adult content’s sake)
- No shock for shock sake either; the sexual element(s) must be integral to the narrative’s plot, not inserted (hehe) arbitrarily.
Think of films like VIDEODROME, GINGER SNAPS, THE WICKER MAN (1973), HALLOWEEN, or CAT PEOPLE (1982).
As long as they fit the above criteria, stories can be horrifically humorous or dead serious in tone. They can be graphic (but not mature content), as long as there’s an artful reason behind it. Most importantly, all stories must be well-written, smart, and entertaining.
- Stories should range between 1,000-15,000 words.
- Stories must be written in English.
- Stories should be submitted as an MS Word doc/docx.
- Stories must be received in proper manuscript format. See example HERE.
- Multiple submissions are permitted.
- Stories must be original to author. Persons submitting must hold copyright to the material, or have legal authority to submit work on behalf of author.
- Stories previously published in magazines, on websites, or in other periodicals are eligible; however, they cannot have before appeared in another published anthology or collection of works.
- Selected authors will grant one-time anthology rights for publication in the English language throughout the world, with no publication elsewhere for 12 months after acknowledging Author/Publisher Agreement, upon which time rights revert back to the author.
Authors of stories accepted for this anthology will receive as compensation $20.00 USD and a free copy of the book (digital and, if available, print).
Deadline for submitting is AUGUST 31, 2014.
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected]
Use “Carnal Horror Anthology – Your Submission Title” as your subject line (and don’t forget the attachment).
Thank you and good writing!
**Follow @MegaThumpPub on Twitter for the latest book updates.