- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: In the Trenches
January 31, 2015
Deadline: January 31, 2015
Payment: $0.005 a word payable upon final acceptance, see below for Acceptance Policy
Poetry: Up to 500 words (Prose poetry is acceptable)
Flash Fiction: No
Short Stories: 3000-5000 words.
Reprints: Yes, but they will receive secondary consideration
Multiple submissions: Yes
Simultaneous submissions: Yes, but please notify me immediately if your story or poem is accepted elsewhere.
Target Publication Date: June 15, 2015
I am looking for any genre stories and poetry about the psychological effects of war, both during active duty and upon the return home. I want a variety of wars, give me some I don’t know much about. I also want wars set in a variety of time periods.
- La Vita Publishing is about getting the reader to think about something in a new way. Get me thinking about war and life through the eyes of someone I never have before. People see the world through their own eyes and based on their own life experiences. Show me war and its aftermath through the eyes of someone completely different from myself. Think about the character’s nationality, sexual identity, sexual preference, religion, ethnicity, or any other quality make them different from me. Show me how the things that make someone else different from me affect their experience. Show me how that experience is different from mine, but also similar because we are all human beings.
Submit to: [email protected] as a doc attachment. Standard manuscript style. Georgia, 12, double spaced and no extra spaces between paragraphs. Use the following format for the subject line of your email:
In the Trenches/[tell me if it’s a story or poem]/[word count]
In the body of your email please provide a bio.
Submissions reviewed by Krista Clark Grabowski
I will acknowledge receipt of your submission via email within two business days.
Acceptance policy: Reading of submissions will begin immediately. Within 14 calendar days you will be notified whether or not your submission will be considered for final acceptance – Stage One of the Acceptance Process. On February 8, everyone who made it past Stage One will receive an email regarding my final decision.
I will edit every story myself and then pass them along to at least two more people for proofing before publishing.
Via: Lavita Publishing.
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creatures - January 14, 2019