- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine
November 15, 2017
Deadline: November 15th, 2017.
Payment: $0.0025 per word, plus a digital copy of the issue to appear in.
Word Count: 2,000-4,000
Reprints are not allowed.
Response Time: If we don’t get back to you by the end of November, shoot us a quick email to get us going.
Payment: $0.0025 per word (that’s $5-10 depending on length) paid via PayPal, plus a digital copy of the issue you will appear in. Payment will be distributed once we agree on the terms of using your story.
Please send separate submissions attached to separate emails.
Guidelines for Submissions:
At this time the Horror Bites Magazine is open to all short, horror fiction, including particularly scary or thought-provoking dark fantasy. Note, however, that there are some things that we don’t publish:
- Anything too close to ‘the classics.’
- Violence that doesn’t contribute to the story.
- Gore for the sake of gore.
- Torture porn and rape.
- Erotic horror.
All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
Please format your subject line as “Horror Bites Magazine: [Your Story Title Here].”
In the body of your email, please include your name (or pseudonym) and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it as a .doc, .docx, .odt, etc. Just use your better judgment. Only .PDF is unacceptable.
Accepted stories will appear in the first three issues of 2018 (February, April, and May) of the ‘Horror Bites Magazine,’ to appear on Amazon, iBooks, Gumroad, and anywhere else E-zines are sold. Once you have a story accepted for publication, we will ask for a 250-750 word author bio and headshot/logo for the author introduction section at the end of each issue. As this is a digital magazine, links to your own platform are not just allowed but encouraged.
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cockroach Conservatory: The People’s Preservatory - February 13, 2019