- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Furry Frolics
Deadline: October 1st, 2017
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Thurston Howl Publications is now accepting submissions for its furry anthology, Furry Frolics (tentative title); Fred Patten, editor.
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Word count: 2,500-8,000; a little above and a little below will be acceptable
Humor has been a rarity in furry fiction. We aim to change that! Furry Frolics will friz your fur and tickle your tail. We want your funniest fiction.
There have been stories with anthro animals mixing with humans in our civilization: what would it REALLY be like for a furry in our world? Having to wear clothing on top of thick fur? The ever-popular “tails and doors don’t mix”? Or having tails and wearing pants at all; or tails and chairs with no tail-holes? Being in a stinky crowd with an animal’s enhanced scent? Or: being the manager of a hotel that caters to all sentient animals, predators and prey, of all sizes? (Think Zootopia.)
Funny-animal stories will be accepted, but try to make it a genuine anthro-animal story, not one that would work just as well if the characters were all humans. Also remember that “funny” is not the same thing as “silly”, although if you can make it both, go ahead. (What is the anthro equivalent of a pie in the face? Remember that most mammals besides humans and horses don’t sweat.)
We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18 presented in a positive light.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction presented in a positive light.
Snuff or Necrophilia presented in a positive light.
Bestiality presented in a positive light.
If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask then to get an outright rejection!
You can submit up to three stories, but we will only accept one per author (if any).
Reprints are fine, but you have to own full permission of the work in order for us to consider it.
We will not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment: Authors will receive a free copy of the print book.
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format to [email protected] .
We will inform all authors regarding decisions within a week or two after the deadline.
Tentative publication date: January 2018.
- Taking Submissions: From A Cat’s Point Of View - November 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shhhh… Murder! - November 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Piece by Piece: An Anti Valentine’s Day anthology - November 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Cenorot - November 20, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/19/2017 - November 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – January 2018 - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017