- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine
September 30, 2017
Deadline: September 30th, 2017
Payment: $30 per story, $10 per poem
Please read the following in its entirety before submitting. The rules are needed, and EC will not consider your work if they have not been followed.
It’s important to read samples of published work on EC. You can find just a few examples here.
HERE IS HOW YOU SUBMIT:
No unsolicited work of any kind is being accepted. Only the kind of submissions outlined below will be accepted at EC.
— Six times a year, writers and poets will have a chance to submit fairy-tale inspired stories and poems. No non-fiction of any kind.
— Here are the submission periods: Months–January, March, May, July, September, November.
Each of the six submission periods for 2017 will have a theme. Here they are:
1. January: “Steadfast Tin Soldier,”
2. March: “Diamonds and Toads,”
3. May: “Donkeyskin,”
4. July: “Emperors New Clothes,”
5. September: “Godfather Death,”
6. November: “Elves and the Shoemaker.”
When each window for submissions opens, a theme-related post will be published. Please read the relevant post before writing your submission. All of the themes are classic fairy tales, but I do not want retreads of the original stories. At the same time, your works should reflect the chosen theme, or there is no chance of publication.
WORD COUNT and CONTENT
Stories should be no shorter than 700 words and no longer than 3,000.
Poems may be of any length.
Absolutely none of the following: Sci-fi, dystopian, erotica, high fantasy, excessive world building, time-travel, futuristic, space travel, western. Oh, and I hate love triangles. Also, EC is NOT a children’s publication. Period
It’s essential that you read past EC stories and poems to see what I publish on EC. (Note, to make sure there is no confusion, understand that EC is on e-publication only. 12-31-16.) Also, Beyond the Glass Slipper, Krampusnacht, He Sees You When He’s Creepin, and Frozen Fairy Tales give great insight insight into what I publish. You can find them at Amazon, B&N and other booksellers. All are available in ebook form.
The essence of classic fairy tales must be maintained when you write these stories. Your are free to explore themes by retelling a classic tale–but in your own way and in keeping with the theme. I tend to prefer things to end happily, but it’s not essential. Please think of the classic fairy tale form when writing poems or stories.
NOTIFICATION OF SUCCESS and PAYMENT
— Story pay: $30, Poem pay: $10. US dollars only.
— Payment will be made through PayPal only.
— Non-acceptance emails will not be sent out. Instead, the names of those whose works are chosen will be posted on EC no later than the 7th of the month following a submission month.
— The winners will usually be published at the end of the non-submission month following a submission month. Example: January is a submission month. Winners will be posted no later than February 7 and winners would usually be published on the last day of February.
Via: Fairy Tale Magazine.
- Trembling With Fear 03/18/2018 - March 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp: The Passage Of Time - March 16, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Odd Tales Of Wonder - March 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Innsmouthbreathers: Cautionary Fables of Mythos Fandom! - March 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Haunted Are These Houses - March 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monstrous Outlines - March 12, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 03/11/2018 - March 11, 2018
- Horror Tree’s Patreon Is Live - March 9, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Truths: Endgame - March 9, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Polar Borealis Magazine #7 - March 8, 2018