- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Fangoria Weird Words Contest
February 15, 2011
Fangoria Weird Words Contest
Calling all aspiring horror fiction writers! FANGORIA is running its first ever—but certainly not last—“Weird Words” contest, an international search for the finest in unpublished horror fiction. We’re casting a wide, bloody net for any gruesome, disturbing, cerebral, visceral and generally thrilling work of short horror fiction, the best of which will be serialized on-line at this site throughout 2011.
Then, we’ll put it to Fangoria.com readers to vote on the stories. The one tale that rates highest will have the chance to be published in an upcoming Fango/Cemetery Dance collection of short horror fiction.
Rules for entry:
1. Story must be horror or dark fantasy-oriented.
2. Story must be a minimum of 1,000, maximum 3,000 words.
3. Story must be previously unpublished.
4. Story must be an original work.
5. Story must be submitted digitally in Word or .pdf file format.
6. Story remains the property of the author, with Fangoria.com reserving the rights to run on-line only.
Send your entries to [email protected] before February 15, 2011. Any entries failing to follow contest rules will not be considered.
So get cracking, you terrifying Tolstoys, you horrible Hemingways, you dastardly Dickenses, and send us some of your stuff. We can’t wait to read it!
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation Magazine Love Issue - December 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Outlook Springs - December 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: ”Family” Fantasy Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice Magazine Issue 25 “Birth” - December 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: An Altered Fairytale Anthology - December 17, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 12/16/2018 - December 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Contrary Spring 2019 Issue - December 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Waiting Game - December 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - December 13, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The Master’s Review - December 13, 2018