- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Fangoria Weird Words Contest
February 15, 2011
Fangoria Weird Words Contest
Calling all aspiring horror fiction writers! FANGORIA is running its first ever—but certainly not last—“Weird Words” contest, an international search for the finest in unpublished horror fiction. We’re casting a wide, bloody net for any gruesome, disturbing, cerebral, visceral and generally thrilling work of short horror fiction, the best of which will be serialized on-line at this site throughout 2011.
Then, we’ll put it to Fangoria.com readers to vote on the stories. The one tale that rates highest will have the chance to be published in an upcoming Fango/Cemetery Dance collection of short horror fiction.
Rules for entry:
1. Story must be horror or dark fantasy-oriented.
2. Story must be a minimum of 1,000, maximum 3,000 words.
3. Story must be previously unpublished.
4. Story must be an original work.
5. Story must be submitted digitally in Word or .pdf file format.
6. Story remains the property of the author, with Fangoria.com reserving the rights to run on-line only.
Send your entries to [email protected] before February 15, 2011. Any entries failing to follow contest rules will not be considered.
So get cracking, you terrifying Tolstoys, you horrible Hemingways, you dastardly Dickenses, and send us some of your stuff. We can’t wait to read it!
- Taking Submissions: From A Cat’s Point Of View - November 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shhhh… Murder! - November 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Piece by Piece: An Anti Valentine’s Day anthology - November 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Cenorot - November 20, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/19/2017 - November 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – January 2018 - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017