- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Fangoria Weird Words Contest
February 15, 2011
Fangoria Weird Words Contest
Calling all aspiring horror fiction writers! FANGORIA is running its first ever—but certainly not last—“Weird Words” contest, an international search for the finest in unpublished horror fiction. We’re casting a wide, bloody net for any gruesome, disturbing, cerebral, visceral and generally thrilling work of short horror fiction, the best of which will be serialized on-line at this site throughout 2011.
Then, we’ll put it to Fangoria.com readers to vote on the stories. The one tale that rates highest will have the chance to be published in an upcoming Fango/Cemetery Dance collection of short horror fiction.
Rules for entry:
1. Story must be horror or dark fantasy-oriented.
2. Story must be a minimum of 1,000, maximum 3,000 words.
3. Story must be previously unpublished.
4. Story must be an original work.
5. Story must be submitted digitally in Word or .pdf file format.
6. Story remains the property of the author, with Fangoria.com reserving the rights to run on-line only.
Send your entries to [email protected] before February 15, 2011. Any entries failing to follow contest rules will not be considered.
So get cracking, you terrifying Tolstoys, you horrible Hemingways, you dastardly Dickenses, and send us some of your stuff. We can’t wait to read it!
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine Issue 3 - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2019 - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Triskaidekaphilia Volume 4: Haunted - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp – A Little Bit of Nonsense - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Psycho Holiday - October 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - October 15, 2018
- The Digital Pre-Order For ‘Trembling With Fear: Year 1’ Is Out! - October 15, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018