- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine – February 2018 Issue
Deadline: January 20th, 2018
Payment: $30 for fiction, other pay is below
Un rêve d’amour (A Dream of Love)
Love can be magical or tragic; star-crossed or end happily ever after; an unrequited longing or two souls that always find one another.
Enchanted Conversation is looking for stories, poems, art, and sequential art (aka comics) that explore different aspects of “love” in a fairy tale, folklore, or mythic setting. Work can either be re-tellings of established stories or about original characters set within the fairy tale, folklore, and mythic templates.
What if a witch’s curse backfires and turns into true love? Did Medusa love Perseus before her tragic end? Why does the Land long for the touch of the Sea? Can the cold heart of a trickster be warmed by one who out-tricks him? Be bold, traditional, lyrical, or experimental in your storytelling. Think beyond palaces, princes, and princesses in their usual context. Take readers on a journey to long ago Japan, an enchanted forest in Russia, or magical root bridges in India – where the stage is set for characters to tell their unique tales of love.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- STORIES: between 700 – 2,500 words. Payment $30.00 US dollars only
- POEMS: any length Payment $10.00 US dollars only
- ART: varied medium – i.e. watercolor, digital, etc. Payment flat rate $15.00 for 1-3 pieces US dollars only
- SEQUENTIAL ART/COMICS:1 to 5 pages in length Payment flat rate $30.00 US dollars only
- PAYMENT WILL BE MADE THROUGH PAYPAL ONLY
Absolutely none of the following: Sci-fi, dystopian, erotica, high fantasy, excessive world building, time-travel, futuristic, or space travel.
Only previously unpublished work, please. Only one work per writer per submission period. Simultaneous submissions are fine. Only work that uses the posted “love” theme will be considered.
Up to three pieces of art can be submitted at a time.
Enchanted Conversation is buying first electronic rights with the possibility of using the work in a future print compilation. Once the story is published on the site, authors and artists are free to shop it elsewhere. Copyright will always remain with the author or artist.
HOW TO SUBMIT
— Email all submissions to [email protected]
— Subject line of the email should be: FEBRUARY ISSUE 2018 – whether it’s a story, poetry, or art – your last name – title of your work. Example: FEBRUARY ISSUE 2018 – Poetry – Jones – “Your Title”
— A brief cover letter with the approximate word count of the story/poem. Also provide a short author’s bio written in third person and up to three links to your personal website or social media accounts. Do not summarize your story in the cover letter.
— A PAYPAL ADDRESS must be included in the email. Without one, work will not be considered.
— Paste all submissions into the body of your email. Attachments will not be opened.
— Formatting for all stories and poems: Single spacing. No indents on paragraphs. Double space between paragraphs. Use Arial as the font. Try to use American English word forms and punctuation.
— For art and comics: Insert images in the email in low-res jpeg format. Art up to 3 pieces. Comics 1-5 pages.
— You will get a confirmation email that your work has been received.
— No editorial feedback will be given on submissions.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
— Non acceptance emails will not be sent out.
— The names of those whose works are chosen will be posted on Enchanted Conversation no later than January 31, 2018 for the February Issue.
Via: Fairy Tale Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018