- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dead Rush
February 28, 2012
Deadline: February 28, 2012
Payment: $5.00 flat rate. $1.00 more for every 1,000 words over 5,000.
Edited by Jessica A. Weiss
Email submissions to: [email protected]
Please put SUBMISSION, followed by the title of the story, and word count, in the subject line of your email. Thank you.
What We Are Looking For:
We want all your dead, dying, and undead horrible people and creatures shooting it out, drinking it up, and carrying on in the old west. Think John Wayne and then make it truly terrifying. This is not strictly a horror anthology, this can be any genre—required to include the old west. Don’t forget about the old miners saloons and taverns, and the old mining shafts.
Prefer stories written in the third person—will consider first person if you knock our socks off.
We prefer short stories in the 3,500- 7,000 word range, but will consider stories from 1,500-10,000 words.
Already be self edited
In .rtf format.
No spaces between paragraphs
Single space after sentences
“Double quotations” for conversation
No hard returns
Use italics NOT underline
No hidden formatting
Font in Georgia or New Times Roman
Submissions pasted in the body of email will be rejected, unread.
Refer to website for general submission guidelines.
$5.00 flat rate. $1.00 more for every 1,000 words over 5,000.
Submissions will be accepted until February 28, 2012 (12a.m. EST)
Questions about this anthology?
Email the editor at [email protected]
[via: Wicked East Press.]
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Little Girl Lost: Thirteen Tales of Youth Disrupted - April 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cats. And Bikes. In Space. - April 17, 2019
- Calling All Poets! Billy Collins Teaches Reading And Writing Poetry In This New MasterClass! - April 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Shadow Booth Volumes 4 And 5 - April 16, 2019