- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Colp: Solitude
Deadline: August 20th, 2019
Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
Colp is our ‘anything goes’ anthology collection.
Expect to see a little bit of this and a little bit of that within each issue, so feel free to submit stories from any genre.
Current theme: Solitude
Sometimes, being alone is perfect. Other times, it can be truly horrible. Horrifying even. It all just depends on the situation…
Whether it be the solo traveller alone on on a desert island, or the shift worker sitting by themselves in a late night diner, for this collection we would like you to send through your stories of solitude. Think isolation, loneliness and seclusion.
Originality is the key here. Try to address the theme in a way that others may not. Not thinking outside the box may lead to your story not standing out from the crowd. Minimise the number of characters that you use in your tale.
Colp is for everyone and therefore we are willing to read stories that fall into any genre. So, no matter whether your story is a horror, adventure, romance, sci-fi or historical fiction piece, please send it on through. Be original. We also encourage new and unpublished writers to take the leap and get in touch.
Please ensure that you read through the general guidelines below and format your submission accordingly. If you have any specific questions please contact us using the form on the home page or via the listed social media accounts.
To help make sure that your submission gets to the correct place, please include the following in the subject line of your email: Colp – Solitude – Story Title.
- Word count: 1000 – 4500 words
- Deadline: August 20 2019
- Payment: AU$5.00 for stories under 2500 words / AU$10.00 for anything above 2500 words
- Please no extremeerotica or stories that feature excessive violence or vulgarity (unless otherwise specified).
- All stories should be formatted appropriately. Please see here for more details.
- Ensure that your name, address, and email contact and word count are at the top of your manuscript.
- Double check your spelling and grammar before sending your work through.
- Please submit all stories in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats.
- International submissions are accepted.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged.
- Where possible, we will provide feedback on request.
- No reprints.
- Please send all submissions to [email protected]
Via: Gypsum Sound Tales.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019