- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: What If? Volume 1
Deadline: August 1st, 2019
Payment: Royalty Split
Submission Deadline : 1st August 2019
Anthology : What If? – Volume One
Title : What If?
Theme : Rewrite events in history…but with fantasy and magic!
Word count : 5k – 10k
Author eligibility : Open only to authors who have had stories accepted for a Black Hare Press drabble or short story anthology
Reprints : Not allowed
Simultaneous Submissions : Not allowed
Multiple Submissions : No
Publication : Expected to release on 5th November 2019 in Print and Digital formats
Author compensation : Equal royalty split per word
How to submit : See our submission guidelines for formatting.
Send your story as an attachment in Word format to [email protected].
Your email title should be Anthology Name – Your Story Name – Author Name.
For example; “What If Volume One – My Story – A N Author”
Please include an author bio of up to 100 words and no more than two links.
Please read the submission guidelines in full. Failure to comply could result in your submission being rejected.
Whilst we are open to all genres and styles of writing, ultimately we reserve the right to reject topics that are not suitable for our publications. Please read the individual submission call information for guidance.
Word count requirements, deadline dates and author compensation are detailed against each submission call. Hyphenated words will be counted as one word. Paragraph breaks are not included in word counts.
All submissions must be in English.
Submitting your work
All submissions should be made by email to [email protected] unless the call directs you to a different address. Check the call first.
In your email subject line, please include the anthology name, your story title, and your name – more information can be found in the individual call for submissions.
Please remember to attach your manuscript to your email.
In your email body, please include your pen name, author name (if different) and a short 100 word bio.
Formatting your manuscript
All manuscripts must be in .doc/.docx format.
In the header section of your manuscript please include your author name, email address, story title, the anthology you are submitting to, and the manuscript word count (excluding header section information).
Font : Times New Roman 12 point
Spacing : Double line spaced. Indent new paragraphs.
Spelling : British
We ask for Exclusive First Worldwide Publication and Electronic Rights for twelve months, and non-exclusive rights thereafter.
We ask for Exclusive First Worldwide Publication and Electronic Rights for three months, and non-exclusive rights thereafter.
Via: Black Hare Press.
- Taking Submissions: The One and Future Kingdom - September 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories (Vol 46.) Beyond Death - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine #5 - September 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World That Wouldn’t Die - September 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: “Deep Underground” Novellas - September 18, 2019
- Contest: Tales From The Moonlit Path: Halloween Special Edition - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Resistance Art Attack - September 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - September 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #4 - September 16, 2019