- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Alchemy Press Book Of Pulp Heroes
May 30, 2012
Deadline: May 30th 2012
Payment: 1 Copy of the anthology and £10.00 advance against royalties on publication
The Alchemy Press is seeking submissions for THE ALCHEMY PRESS BOOK OF PULP HEROES, edited by Mike Chinn.
The Shadow, The Bat, Doc Savage, The Spider; Dashiell Hammett’s Continental Detective Agency; Dusty Ayers & His Battle Birds; Sheena and Ka-Zar. Hard-boiled detectives, sinister vigilantes, bizarre villains – the staple of the Pulp tradition. We want fiction that celebrates (or subverts) that tradition – as well as taking a wild new look at it. Fiction set in the 1930s and 40s, the far future or mythical past, or the present day. Two-fisted heroes – and heroines – fighting for right and justice in the midnight city, foetid jungles or exotic, far-flung lands. Deranged villains for whom the world is never enough.
Sports stories, spy stories, aircraft & zeppelin stories, sea & pirate stories, Westerns, medieval romance, horror, science fiction and fantasy, movies and car racing – there’s no limit.
THE ALCHEMY PRESS BOOK OF PULP HEROES will be a paperback to be published in September 2012, to be followed by an eBook edition. Successful contributors will receive a copy of the book and a £10.00 advance against royalties on publication. We are after original fiction; but reprints will be considered if they are exceptional. No simultaneous or multiple submissions. We will only accept electronic submissions as email attachments in standard MS format, .rtf, .doc or .docx. Any submissions included in the body of the email will be rejected unread. The subject line should take the form “Title/author’s name/word count” (i.e. Mastermind of Mars/ ER Burroughs/3,000 words). Contributions must be in the range of 2,000-6,000 words firm, with full contact details on the front page. The submission period runs from April 1st to May 30th 2012. Do no submit outside those dates. No acceptances or rejections will be made until after the deadline; we will endeavour to report back to you six to eight weeks after that. If you have heard nothing after nine weeks you may query at the email address below.
Email all queries and submissions to pulpheroes[at]saladoth.com
THRILL US, SCARE US – MAKE US CARE.
[via: Alchemy Press.]
- Taking Submissions: Fossil Lake IV: SHARKASAURUS! - July 25, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Eye to the Telescope #22 - July 22, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Freakshow - July 21, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Dark Designs - July 20, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Behind the Mask - July 19, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Horror Library Volume 6 - July 18, 2016
- Taking Submissions: The Anatomy Of Monsters - July 15, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2016 - July 15, 2016
- Ongoing Submissions: Occult Detective Quarterly - July 14, 2016
- Taking Submissions: Burrow Press’s ‘A Month Of Horror’! - July 14, 2016