Deadline: May 31st, 2017
Payment: Up to $100 and a contributor’s copy
We are currently requesting submissions for a new horror anthology of short stories we plan to publish this year. We’re paying up to $100 per published story based on word count, AND a free printed version of the anthology.
We are looking for edited, well-written, horror stories from 5K to 10K words in length. Scare us so we can’t sleep at night!
Your stories need to be previously unpublished – exceptions to this will be handled on a limited basis as long as you still retain all rights to the work. We are looking for original content. If you have previously published your story to a blog or social media account, we will not be interested.
Please email your story to the address below and in the subject line and enter the words “Horror Anthology.” Then, copy and paste your story in the body of the email, do not attach files. If accepted, we will notify you and ask you to submit an MS Word document.
Payment amount to be determined based on word count. We will discuss terms upon acceptance for publication.
Submissions will close midnight, May 31, 2017.
Other submissions are closed at this time.
Please send your submissions to:
Via: Rice Paper Press.
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction #4 - April 27, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Violet Hour Magazine August/September 2017 Issue - April 18, 2017