Deadline: December 31st, 2018
Hello fellow travelers,
We are now officially open for submissions for the third issue of Underbelly Magazine! If you’re a writer looking for a place for your strange and disturbing fiction, check out our Submission Guidelines page and get in contact with us.
If you’re interested in seeing the kinds of things we’re looking to publish, our first issue is available for free here.
The deadline for submissions is December 31st (end of this year), so get writing and/or submitting! We look forward to exploring the Underbelly with you once more…
What We Want:
We are a quarterly zine interested in Extreme Horror, Splatterpunk, Bizarro, LGBTIQ+, Pornorotica (yes, we made that up, but you know what we mean!), freaky fantasy worlds and futures, ridiculous mash-ups, or anything just plain weird.
Dark, twisted, and disturbing stories that push the envelope and explore the far reaching limits of the unnerving side of humanity. The things that people won’t talk about in polite company. The things that we all think about but refuse to acknowledge. Bring it to the light, let us look at it directly in the eye, and if we like what we see, we want it.
What We Don’t Want:
Don’t mistake permissiveness for blithe acceptance. We don’t want your gross-out rape fantasies, sick fuck bullshit unless there’s a good reason for it. We want art! And please don’t send us your boring-ass zombie stories. The world has enough of them.
We’re interested in a wide range of lengths, from 1,000 word flash pieces up to 7,500 words. We would also be willing to accept longer stories on a case-by-case basis. A token payment of $10 will be issued upon publication. Be aware if you publish with us that any future submission of your story to another publication will be as a reprint, which can hurt its future value. We retain worldwide first publishing rights on your story for both electronic and print, along with electronic and print reprint rights for any future anthologies we may publish. After first publication, rights would immediately revert back to the author.
We do not accept previously published stories. Simultaneous submissions are fine as long as we are made aware if the story is accepted elsewhere. Multiple submissions are accepted as well, provided that you let us know and do not send more than three stories at the same time.
Send your submissions as attachments to [email protected] in either .doc/.docx or .rtf format following the standard manuscript format. We hope to hear from you!
Via: Underbelly Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Spring 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Death’s Head Press Is Open To Novels, Novellas, And Collections! - November 15, 2018