Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Payment: $10/contributor via PayPal.
Note: While they do have pay submissions options, generall submissions ARE free which is why this is being included.
2018 Submission Periods
All submissions through Submittable.
February 1 – April 30 (issue 10 published in May)
June 1 – July 31 (issue 11 published in September) NOTE: Submission period closed early due to volume.
September 1 – November 30 (issue 12 published in December)
- Read our past issues to see what we like.
- Please do not submit the same piece to multiple categories.
- Please review your piece carefully before submitting – every time we receive a submission that is withdrawn for resubmittal, it counts towards our overall per-month submittal count. If you notice a small mistake, let us know. Otherwise, please do not attempt to resubmit.
- We pay $10/contributor via PayPal.
- If we publish your work, wait one calendar year before submitting again.
- If we decline your work, please wait until the next submission period to submit again (don’t submit within the same issue’s reading period)
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, just keep us in the loop. Withdraw your work (congrats!) or leave us a comment in Submittable.
- Previously published work cannot be considered (this include blogs, Facebook, Wattpad, etc).
- We retain first serial rights on work we accept and then all rights revert to the author. If the work is reprinted, we ask that Third Point Press be acknowledged as the place of initial publication.
Expedited Reading ($5)
If you use the expedited reading option in Submittable for poetry or fiction, we’ll put your work at the very top of our reading pile. You won’t get anything more than that (no preferential treatment, no instant acceptance). Think of it as a way of patting us on the back while satisfying that urge to avoid waiting in line.
Feedback Option ($7)
You can also choose the feedback option when submitting. This simply ensures that we will provide our thoughts explaining what we liked, didn’t like, and thought could be improved on in your work.
Send a short story up to 3,500 words or up to 3 flash pieces (each of which should not exceed 1,000 words). We’re not really concerned with margins or anything like that, just make sure you choose a standard font and don’t do anything crazy with formatting unless it’s central to the experience of the piece. Please don’t send a novel excerpt or excerpt from a longer piece unless it can absolutely stand on its own.
We’re not going to reject your story if it has an error or two in it, but do your best to proofread your piece before sending. If it’s full of mistakes we’re more likely to give up on reading the whole way through, which is a shame for everyone.
If you’re sending multiple pieces, that’s fine. Submit all of your work in a single file, use clear page breaks between pieces, and clearly identify each title in the title area of Submittable (Title A/Title B/Title C). Please double space your submission.
It’s pretty easy to tell you how to format your submissions. What’s tough is trying to convey what we want to see, what makes us say, “this!”
We want to see the stories that you had to write. The ideas you keep coming back to, that won’t leave you alone. We want you to be so in love with a story that you are excited to send it to us. Please believe us when we say, we are excited to read it.
- Send up to 5 poems in a standard font.
- Submit all of your poems in a single file
- Make sure to check your work for errors. This is even more important with poetry. We want your work to look exactly like you mean it to look.
Via: Third Point Press.
- Taking Submissions: Underbelly Magazine Issue 3 - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2019 - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Triskaidekaphilia Volume 4: Haunted - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp – A Little Bit of Nonsense - October 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Psycho Holiday - October 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: LampLight Magazine - October 15, 2018
- The Digital Pre-Order For ‘Trembling With Fear: Year 1’ Is Out! - October 15, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018