Deadline: September 30th, 2017
Payment: Royalty Split
Announcing NOIRVILLE an exciting new competition for crime fiction authors.
We get hundreds of submissions every week and in among all the novels we’ve noticed an increasing number of writers pitching short stories to us – at Fahrenheit we’re passionate about giving new talent a chance to break through so we thought what better way to kill two birds with one stone?
So how is it gonna work?
Simple. The best 12 stories (as chosen by our panel of judges) will be published in Fahrenheit’s first short story collection NOIRVILLE which will be published in both eBook & paperback towards the end of 2017.
Who are the judges?
Rather than the usual publishing industry suspects we’ve compiled a panel of judges made up of four of the very best book bloggers around. As an added bonus, Jo Perry, Fahrenheit’s very own High Priestess Of Noir, has agreed to chair the judging panel.
- Jo Perry (Author)
- Kate Moloney (Bibliophile Book Club)
- Gordon McGhie (Grab This Book)
- Janet Emson (From First To Last Page)
- Verity Wilde (Verity Reads Books)
What does it cost to enter?
Unlike most short story competiions this one is FREE TO ENTER and winning authors will be paid royalties on their stories.
You know we hate rules so we’ve tried to keep this simple….
- 1} Stories must be LESS THAN 7500 words in length
- 2) Stories must NOT have been previously published.
- 3) Stories must be set firmly in the Crime/Thriller genre.
- 4) Existing Fahrenheit authors are very welcome to submit entries but the judges will be voting blind so there will be zero chance of preferential treatment.
- 5) This is meant to fun so use your common sense, stick to the rules, and don’t be a dick.
- 6) ALL our decisions are final and if you don’t like it go tell your momma cause she’s the only one who cares.
So how do I enter?
It’s very simple to enter, simply email your entry to this address – [email protected]
CLOSING DATE – 30TH SEPTEMBER 2017
Via: Fahrenheit Press.
- Trembling With Fear 09/24/2017 - September 24, 2017
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with William Cook - September 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017