- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Zombies Gone Wild!
March 15, 2012
Deadline: March 15th 2012
Payment: Digital copy and exposure
Email submissions to: [email protected]
Please put the title of your story, your first and last name, and the word count in the subject line of your email.
“Zombie Gone Wild” is a Living Dead-themed anthology. All genres of horror will be considered. Dark, disturbing, suspenseful, supernatural, gruesome, and gory are welcome. Bring out your undead! We want to see the craziest, wackiest, most out there living dead stories you can possibly think of! In fact, the more unique and bizarre, the more likely your story will get the star treatment… Well, at least it will get into the book!
Think Dead Alive, Cemetery Man, Undead, Versus, Re-Animator, Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead III (Hello, Spinal Column Zombie?), Planet Terror
We will consider stories approximately 1000 words – 8000 words. We’re leaving such a wide open word range to encourage writers to write a story until it is finished without padding your submissions with irrelevant details or chopping out important information to stay below a word maximum. Keep the story as tight, exciting and action-packed as possible. In order to satisfy those who enjoy a “quickie” horror fix, we will be accepting a limited number of flash fiction (i.e. 500 words or less) stories.
Payment for the anthology will be a digital copy of the book as well as discounted copies for purchase by the authors. While multiple submissions are allowed, please don’t send in simultaneous submissions or reprints.
DEADLINE: The deadline for this anthology is March 15th, 2012. Expected response time is under one month after the undeadline has passed. Please don’t query about the status of your submission until 30 days have passed. The projected release date will be in time to use them as stocking stuffers provided we get enough submissions!
So you’re ready to submit your story to Collaboration of the Dead. We look forward to reading your work, but ask that you take a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with our preferred submission format.
All Submitted Fiction Should Be In The Following Format:
· Send as an .rtf or .doc attachment
· Time New Roman or Courier 12 pt
· 1″ Margins
· Left Justified (Align Text Left)
· No Extra Spaces Between Paragraphs
· 1/2″ Tabbed Indents
· Section Breaks Marked With Centered ***
· Title half way down the first page, BYLINE/WRITING AS NAME below the title
· No Headers or Footers, No Page Numbers
· Use Italics instead of underline or _this_ or *this*
· Use “double quotation marks” instead of ‘single quotation marks’ for speech
· Include a short (2-4 sentence) biography, written in the third person, in your email.
Please place your contact information on the title page:
Name (and pseudonym, if applicable) Approximate Word Count
Please Include The Following With Every Submission:
· Brief Cover Letter. A short greeting, submission TITLE and WORD COUNT. You may include a list of publication credits or any other information you would like, but it is not necessary. Also, include CONTACT INFORMATION (Your REAL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS, at the bare minimum)
· Subject Line — Please put ANTHOLOGY TITLE SUBMISSION: Title/Last Name/Word Count) [Example – Undead days/Jackson/6,000)].
Frequently Asked Questions about Collaboration of the Dead Anthology Submissions
Who may submit?
· Any person age 19 and older may submit to Collaboration of the Dead (19 is the legal age of majority in New York, where Collaboration of the Dead is located); authors 16-18 may submit if they provide a letter of permission from their legal guardian.
Do you only accept stories written in third person?
· First person perspective stories will be considered right along with third person. We are not looking for stories told through second person, unless you can really, reeeaaaaaallllly impress us.
What are your content standards?
· Graphic language/scenes are not discouraged as long as integral to the story. No gore-porn, hard-core porn, or anything that isn’t vital to the story. No needless cruelty to animals or children.
Do you accept Multiple Submissions?
· Yes. Unlike many anthologies out there, we are currently welcoming multiple submissions from authors, with a max of 2, please. However, understand that this does not guarantee that you will get 2 stories into the anthology.
Do you accept Simultaneous Submissions?
· No, we do not want simultaneous submissions. We try to send out rejections and/or short list notifications in a timely fashion. Please note the date of the deadline when you submit your story. As we do not make any final selections until the after the deadline has passed, it is possible we may hold on to your story for a long time. If you don’t want to wait for a response, please submit your story close to the deadline.
Do you accept Reprints?
· Yes! If you have rights to the story, you can submit it and it will be considered just like the rest.
Where do I send my electronic submission?
Can I mail you my submission? I don’t have/like/want email.
· At this time we are only accepting electronic submissions. If you got to this website, you have to Internet, and if you have to Internet, you can set up an email address.
Do I get paid for my story?
· Payment is a digital copy of the anthology, discounted copies for purchase by the authors and the knowledge that you are included in a book with a bunch of other kick-ass zombiphiles!
Will you notify me that you received my submission?
· You will hear back about acceptances/rejections within 30 days of the DEADline (heh, heh, heh). If you don’t, contact us at [email protected]
If you have any questions feel free to email me at either email address
[via: Collaboration of the Dead.]
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cockroach Conservatory: The People’s Preservatory - February 13, 2019