- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Year’s Best Hardcore Horror Volume 3: 2017
December 31, 2017
Deadline: December 31st, 2017
Payment: 1 cent a word
VOLUME 3: STORIES PUBLISHED IN 2017
Is your story too heavy and hardcore for other “best of” anthologies? Then you’ve come to the right place because Comet Press is now accepting stories for YEAR’S BEST HARDCORE HORROR VOL. 3, a yearly collection intended to give recognition to the extreme, harder side of horror, stories that break boundaries and trash taboos.
Editors: Randy Chandler and Cheryl Mullenax.
Requirements: The story was (or will be) published in a 2017 anthology, single author collection, magazine, or online magazine. Self-published anthologies and collections are acceptable as well.
Deadline: December 31, 2017.
Length: Short stories/novelettes.
Payment: 1 cent a word.
What to Send
In the body of an email:
- Author name
- Story title
- Name of anthology or magazine or online magazine it was published in:
- If the book is available on Amazon and your story credit appears somewhere on the page, send us the link. If not, send a link to the best source with that information (publisher’s page, etc).
- If the story was in a magazine, send us a web link to the issue TOC where your story appears, or if that’s not available send us a scan of the table of contents (print magazines, etc.).
- A bio
- A short synopsis.
- Attach the entire manuscript in rtf, doc, or pdf format. Note: please make sure this is the final version of your story, exactly as it appears in the published version.
Important Note: Make sure your contract allows you to publish the story in a “best of” anthology. If you’re not sure, check with your publisher. If necessary, ask them for a waiver.
In an email include the following:
- Author name and story title(s) for consideration
- Name of publication and publisher, date published and format (print, ebook, magazine, etc)
- A pdf or text document of the publication.
Include in the Email subject line: HARDCORE ANNUAL – Your Story Title
We’ll send a notification within 48 hours that we received your submission. If you don’t get this, please inquire. We may not have received it.
Email to randyman [at] cometpress [dot] us .
Via: Comet Press.
- Taking Submissions: Alchemy and Artifacts (Tesseracts Twenty-Two) - January 23, 2018
- ‘Still Dark’ Blog Tour – The Most Important Class I Ever Took - January 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Temporal Fractures: [Mis]Adventures in Time - January 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Schlock! Horror! - January 22, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 01/21/2018 - January 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lost Souls and Robots & Artificial Intelligence - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Internet is Where the Robots Live Now Anthology - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nefariam: The Element of Crime - January 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: City In The Ice - January 17, 2018