- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Whacked! An Anthology of Murder
September 1, 2011
Deadline: September 1, 2011
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Edited and Compiled by Lyle Perez-Tinics
Mystery & Thrillers (with a twist)
Deadline: September 1, 2011 (or until full)
Target release date: December 1,2011
What we are looking for:
Stories that deal with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, vengeful entities returning to hunt the people responsible for their deaths. Anything that stays true to the murder theme of the anthology. We do not want slasher stories, graphic scenes of torture or rape, think of the old time radio murder mysteries from the 1940’s and 50’s.
Stories must be 3,000 – 7,500 words in length, but will consider shorter or longer stories if well written and entertaining.
For stories 3,999 words or below, the author will receive EXPOSURE ONLY but will be able to purchase ONE copy of the book at 40% off the price.
For stories 4,000 or above, the author will receive ONE CONTRIBUTOR COPY upon publication.
We ask for first world print rights, in paperback and digital format, for the first year. After that time, the author may shop the work to other markets, but the work will remain in the anthology as long as there is a demand for it. No re-prints will be accepted.
How to submit:
Send submissions to [email protected] with “Whacked! Submission (story title and author name)” in subject line. Please attach a word document file containing your story. Please use font Time New Roman, size 12 and please DO NOT double space or use headers or page counts. Page one of the file must contain your contact information (name, mailing address, E-mail and word count) If any of these items are missing from your document, we will reject without reading. If this information is there, it makes it easier for me to contact you.
Submissions will be accepted until the 1st of September 2011. The target release date is the 1st of December, but will release earlier if completed.
If you have any questions please contact the editor at [email protected]
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with Phoebe Darquling - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Til Death: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Poetry Anthology - November 13, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/12/2017 - November 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Out of Your Shadow: Empowered Sidekicks - November 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Alchemy Press Book Of Horrors - November 9, 2017
- Taking Submissions Unnamed Corpus Press Halloween Anthology! - November 8, 2017