- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Weird Ales
August 31, 2015
Deadline: August 31st, 2015
Payment: 4% royalties after costs, plus a copy of the book
Ever seen that episode of Buffy called ‘Beer Bad’, where the local beers have been enchanted to turn students into Neanderthals? Ever had a really bad night on the booze where you wake up with vague memories and feel like death warmed up? Ever wondered what they did to the beer?
Well, wonder no more, because here is your chance to write it.
Weird Ales, due for release 2016, featuring a fantastic cover by Luke Spooner, will be an anthology about ales, beer, wines or taverns of ill repute. Use your imagination but so long as there is a supernatural or horror theme to the story it will fit the guidelines.
- Word count should be between 2,000 and 6,000 words, with an ideal length: 4,000-5,000 words.
- Please follow standard manuscript format and under no circumstances use the Tab key or the Space Bar to indent your paragraphs. Either do not indent at all or use MS Word’s built in features to do so.
- Submissions should be .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, typed in Courier or Times New Roman, size 12.
- Include your full name, address, email address and telephone number at the beginning of the manuscript.
- Send to [email protected] with the subject line “SURNAME/ALES/WORDCOUNT”.
- Authors will retain copyright.
- Multiple submissions up to a maximum of two stories per author can be submitted.
- We will write to you within approximately four to eight weeks of the submission deadline to let you know if you have been successful.
Via: KnightWatch Press
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!