- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Typhon: A Monster Anthology Volume 1
May 31, 2015
Deadline: June 31st 2015
Payment: 1 cent per word and electronic copy
We are accepting dark fantasy and horror fiction submissions for the first volume of our annual horror anthology. (PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING POETRY FOR THIS CALL) The only hard requirement for this anthology is that it be one of the genres mentioned above. We would like new spins on old monster tropes as well as all new monsters.
Submissions open December 1st 2014 and close June 31st 2015.
Typhon was a monstrous Storm-Giant, “father of all monsters” who was defeated and imprisoned by Zeus in the pit of Tartaros. For us, he is also “The Monstrous Creature” at its best.
We want to see the prompt inspire your writing. To bleed through every letter. If our quarterly is about Apollo, give us stories about the galaxies, about the sun, about archery. Give us stories that breathe Apollo. If the prompt is Artemis, give us forests, give us beasts, give us epic hunts. This does not mean we want stories ABOUT Apollo, or Artemis.
PAY & RIGHTS:
Fiction: Pantheon Magazine pays 1 cent per word for unpublished fiction starting with June 1st submissions. However, at the moment, we pay nada (<-this means nothing) for unsolicited reprints.In addition, each contributor will receive electronic copies (Mobi, Epub, PDF) of the issue their work will appear in, as well as discounts off the print issue.Unfortunately, we can only pay via Paypal.Payment upon publication will be the norm, but can be much sooner.RIGHTS: We are asking for print and electronic rights, which revert back to you three months after publication. We also ask for the right to archive your work on our website.You can submit via: Submittable.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019