- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Timeless Tales Magazine Issue #2 Pandora’s Box
April 30, 2014
Deadline: April 30th, 2014
Payment: $15 per story accepted
If you are interested in submitting a story to Timeless Tales for publication, please follow these rules:
- Process: Email your submissions to [email protected] Attach your story in .doc format. Include your full name, your story’s word count, email address, and any tidbits about your previous writing experience you’d like to include (especially mention if you have a blog because we’d love to check it out!). We love getting submissions from new writers, so even if you’ve never been published before, don’t be shy!
- Length: Up to 2000 words, with under 1500 preferred.
- Genres: We only accept fiction (no poetry or non-fiction) that are retellings of the theme that is currently open. It can be a modernization, sci-fi, a mash-up, etc.
If you want to know what makes an A+ fairy tale retelling I wrote a blog post about it: http://www.diamondsandtoads.com/2011/09/spinning-old-into-new-steps-of.html
- Content: While Timeless Tales is not targeted specifically at children, it is a fairly conservative magazine, especially when it comes to sexual content, so I intend to keep the stories in the PG-13 range or below. However, I have a deep appreciation for the darker side of many original fairy tales, so don’t assume I only want “happy” stories.
- Pay Rate: At the moment, we’re just starting out and budget is tight, so we will pay a flat rate of $15 per story accepted, but we hope to increase this amount in the future. You’ll also get a free year of our premium subscription.
1. We do NOT accept multiple submissions.
2. We DO accept reprints as long as the author has the rights to the story. But please include in your cover letter the details of where and when the story was previously published.
3. We DO accept simultaneous submissions, but please notify us by email immediately if your story has been accepted elsewhere.
If you have a question, please us the contact form at the bottom of our ABOUT page.
Response Time: Because we respect our writers’ time, Timeless Tales is committed to sending out rejection/acceptance emails to everyone who submits. Response time may vary, but we try to keep it under a month of when submissions were opened for an issue. Unfortunately, rejections will probably be form letters, but occasionally we will send out personal feedback.
Via: TImeless Tales Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction and Dark Fantasy - October 18, 2019
- Guest Post: Embracing Failure: The Requirements of Growth - October 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Clockhouse - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Black & Grey - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - October 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2020 - October 16, 2019
- We’ve Partnered With Commaful For A Halloween Story Contest - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fiyah – Unthemed Issue - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Brave New Girls - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Best New True Crime Stories: Small Towns - October 14, 2019