- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Quiet Ones April 2023 issue (Early)
Submission Window: February 1st – March 8th, 2023
Theme: The Cosmic and The Void
- Short Stories up to 3000 Words
- Flash and Micro Fiction up to 1200 Words
- Narrative Poetry/Stories in Verse up to 1200 Words
Author Compensation: $25.00 (USD) per piece
Rights: We request first worldwide and digital rights for four months following publication. Thereafter all rights revert to the author. All copyright remains with the author.
Issue Theme: “The Cosmic and The Void”
Call Status: CLOSED
Publication: Digital Format (PDF)
Submission Period: February 01, 2023 – March 08, 2023
Decisions By: March 31, 2023
Release Date: April 27, 2023
What We’re Looking For: Quiet Horror and Dystopian genre works. You may be as creative with your interpretation of the theme as you like as long as your submission fits the genres we publish (see our FAQ page for more on how we define Quiet Horror and Intimate Dystopia).
EMail Submissions To: [email protected]
Continue below to read our submission rules and guidelines…
~ Submission Guidelines ~
- For all open calls, submit your work by email to [email protected] with the subject line formatted as such: “[Zine Publication Month/Year] [Story title] [Author name] [Age Range]” (ex.“April 2023 – The Sinkhole – Emily Young – Adult”).
- Please submit your work as an email attachment in .doc/.docx format.
- Authors may submit up to two pieces per issue. We request that each piece be submitted via its own individual email. You are welcomed to interpret each issue’s theme however you like but keep in mind that your interpretation should be within the realms of quiet horror and/or intimate dystopia.
- Ensure your document contains your story title, your name (or pen name), and an approximate word count. In the event that your story is selected for publication, we will need your legal name for the contract.
- Please include a header on each page of your document with your surname, title and page number.
- Your document should be formatted in Times New Roman, 12pt., with double line spacing and indented paragraphs (double line spacing does not apply to poetry).
- We presently do not accept works in translation, visual art, non-narrative poetry, or non-fiction.
- In case of acceptance, please also include a brief biography in the third person of approximately 75 words, including any personal social media links (such as a Twitter or personal website) that you’d like to share.
(For a more detailed look at classic manuscript formatting, please refer to this article by WILLIAM SHUNN.)
Via: The Quiet Ones.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!