- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Tales From The Crust: : An Anthology of Pizza Horror
Deadline: June 1st, 2018
Payment: $0.03 per word
Note: I almost didn’t share this just so I’d have less competition for submitting in case I can write something in time. That’s how much I love this call! You’re all welcome that I’m not actually that selfish!
We know we have a tendency to say, “Attention writers! Some new hotness!” but this is literally some new burn-the-roof-of-your-mouth hotness. Inspired mostly by David James Keaton’s struggle to find good pizza in California and pitching ideas to Max Booth when he’s hungry after working a 12-hour shift at the Overlook, get ready for…
TALES FROM THE CRUST: An Anthology of Pizza Horror
edited by Keaton and Booth and published by Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing.
Originally Keaton was thinking of calling it PIZZA MY SKULL because there’s a pizza place around San Jose called Pizza My Heart, meaning “piece of my heart,” and so he thought a “piece of my skull” joke would be hilarious. Turns out that’s a lot of assumptions to make about a gag. Also their pizza is gross. Luckily, George Cotronis brainstormed a much better title (though it might make people wonder if there’s a “Crustkeeper/Cryptkeeper” hosting the show). Speaking of Mr. Cotronis! Holy lord look at the cover art he’s come up with. WE WANT TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD…
This is exactly the vibe we’re going for here. Not so much the goofy Goosebumps thing you might imagine with a pizza horror story, but we’re taking it kind of seriously. Like we take our pizza seriously. The humor is inherent in the pizza theme already, so we’re playing this kind of straight. And if you think you’ve got what it takes, like a healthy love of the cheesy cuisine, send us your best work.
Now, you may be thinking: pizza horror taken seriously? What the good goddamn could I possibly write?
Good question! We don’t know. But we sure would like to read it.
That’s where you come in.
Write us a pizza story, and make it scary.
Story length: 1k – 5k
Payment: $0.03 per word
Multiple submissions: Yes
Simultaneous submissions: Yes
Reprints: Query first
Deadline: June 1, 2018
Send submissions to [email protected] with “[STORY TITLE] – [AUTHOR NAME] – [WORD COUNT]” in the subject line.
Via: Dark Moon Digest.
- Taking Submissions: Contrary Spring 2019 Issue - December 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Waiting Game - December 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - December 13, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The Master’s Review - December 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Literary Zine Issue 2: DEMONS - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: AGNI Online - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Penny Fiction 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Future Science Fiction Digest - December 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Literary Hatchet - December 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monsters Out of the Closet Episode 18 – Gothic - December 10, 2018