- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Survival
December 30, 2020
Deadline: December 30th, 2020
Payment: $30 and a contributor’s copy
Theme: Survival in Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, or Contemporary
We are seeking morally ambiguous stories with the fantasy, horror, sci-fi, and contemporary fiction genres surrounding the theme of survival. Not many things in this world are straightforward. Many individuals have encountered moments of extreme moral compromise when faced with a choice that meant life or death, or the perception of such. From the outside, it may seem that some choices can be evaluated in the simple vein of right or wrong, ethical or not. Yet when placed in a situation that perpetuates a choice between survival and death, would we have the same opinion?
The theme of survival is meant to highlight situations that deserve another glance, that are not clean cut or easily defined within the realm of typical ethical boundaries. How far must a person go to survive? Or is death the choice we make instead of going against our morals? What will we do to survive?
If you have a short story that fits the morally gray theme of survival, check out our submission guidelines below.
Submission Period: October 1 to December 30, 2020
Word Limit: 12K words per piece, not including addition information below
Submission Cost: Free
Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Contemporary
- Previously unpublished works
- You may submit up to 2 pieces, but each work must be a separate submission
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please let us know if the work is accepted elsewhere
- Please don’t send us all pandemic stories – if we pick any, it will only be very few
What to Include with Your Submission *Please read carefully*:
- A 3 – 5 sentence bio with social media links
- A paragraph detailing how and why your story is keeping with Inked’s mission to publish morally gray stories. Submissions lacking this prerequisite will not be considered for the anthology.
Payment: $30 per accepted piece plus one contributor copy
Rights: First edition exclusive anthology rights for the first six months of publication
Via: Inked In Gray.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!