- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Game
Deadline: May 31st, 2018
Payment: $20-$75 according to the category and length of their submission.
Submissions are open from April 2 – May 31.
Speculative City publishes provocative works that are centered within a cityscape. Although all are welcome to submit, special consideration is given to creators and characters often underrepresented in speculative fiction, such as people of color, queer people, working-class people, and people with disabilities (this list is not exhaustive and acts as an example of the types of voices we wish to hear and show).
We are looking for fiction, poetry, and essays within the theme of the magazine’s upcoming issue (game, see below). Writers published will be paid $20-$75 according to the category and length of their submission. We would be hard-pressed to include submissions with a length exceeding 5500 words.
- All submissions should be the original, unpublished work of the submitter.
- We will accept simultaneous submissions, but please inform us if the submission has been accepted by another publication.
- We do not accept multiple submissions for fiction or essays.
- Please submit word (.doc, .docx) or rich text format (.rtf) files and format your submission according to our format guide.
- Please send all inquiries to info @ speculativecity .com .
- We try to respond to all submissions within 60 days.
All submissions should be sent through Green Submissions. Green Submissions requires users to create an account. Please see link to sign up and submit at https://greensubmissions.com/1024/speculative-city/index.php.
Before submitting work, please also be familiar with our contract.
noun, verb | \gām\
Definition of GAME
a rule-based activity one engages in for amusement or competition determined by one’s skill, strength, or luck
to exploit, connive
At Speculative City, a game is not limited to the tabletop or screen. We conceptually play games everyday, whether in our personal relationships, through our work, or within our minds. Every game also has these three distinct qualities: rules, repercussions, and rewards.
Via: Speculative City.
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Not Just A Pretty Face - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Twilight Madhouse Volume 4 - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: ‘Haunted House’ And ‘Cosy Crime’ - July 11, 2018