Deadline: December 15th, 2018
Payment: Kickstarter and Royalty Split
Like Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of H.G. Wells
, this collection will feature all new traditional Sherlock Holmes adventures with a science-fiction edge. Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Steampunk will feature Holmes in a futuristic Victorian setting. See him deal with airship pirates and steam powered robots. Maybe he’ll even deal with a time traveler or with alien invaders.
Belanger Books is calling for submissions from writers, new or established, which are between 5,000 – 10,000 words (it is okay to be over or under some).
The stories must feel like traditional Holmes just with a futuristic, steampunk bent. For example, the stories should have the traditional Holmes and Watson even if you have altered them slightly (i.e. even if they are cyborgs, they still call each other Holmes and Watson, not John and Sherlock). The stories may use public domain characters, but you must make certain you are not using anything copyrighted (for example, you can use Holmes and Watson, but you can’t use some aspects of the final Holmes stories such as his life as a retired beekeeper. That aspect of Holmes is still under copyright in America. You can use mechanical men, but you can’t use a copyrighted character like the female robot from Metropolis).
Authors will receive a portion of net sales (most likely between 2 – 5% depending on number of stories) from the Kickstarter campaign and from the first year of book sales.
Authors retain the rights to their work.
Due Date: All submissions must be received by December 15th.
Please send entries to [email protected]
or to [email protected]
. Make sure to include your name (first and last), title of your story, story length, and attach your story as a word document.
Via: Belanger Books.
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019