- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Shelter from the Storm
Deadline: July 31st, 2017
Payment: Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
Reprints welcome but I suspect unlikely to be chosen
We will be accepting six short stories of the highest quality for this anthology, which is designed to be read in one stormy sitting. The story must begin with an individual, couple, or group seeking shelter from a storm of some kind. Atmosphere, suspense, and a gripping plot are essential elements.
Submissions open: January 1st, 2017 to July 31st, 2017
Acceptances: September 30th, 2017
Publication: Early 2018
What We Want:
Well-written and thoroughly edited tales in the following genres:
– Mystery (especially, a brilliant locked-room mystery)
– Psychological Horror
– Historical (but you need to know your facts, because we do)
– Strange and quirky stories
– More of this: Shop
It’s also worth noting that we greatly prefer British English.
What We Don’t Want:
– Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, or Modern Fairy Tales
– Science Fiction
– Supernatural Horror (but we will consider stories with an ambiguous ending)
Contributors will be paid via PayPal upon publication. Contributors will also receive an ebook copy of the issue and will be able to order up to ten print copies at near cost price.
Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds
Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
General submissions guidelines can be found on our submissions page.
Via: Black Beacon Books.
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017