- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Shelter from the Storm
Deadline: July 31st, 2017
Payment: Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
Reprints welcome but I suspect unlikely to be chosen
We will be accepting six short stories of the highest quality for this anthology, which is designed to be read in one stormy sitting. The story must begin with an individual, couple, or group seeking shelter from a storm of some kind. Atmosphere, suspense, and a gripping plot are essential elements.
Submissions open: January 1st, 2017 to July 31st, 2017
Acceptances: September 30th, 2017
Publication: Early 2018
What We Want:
Well-written and thoroughly edited tales in the following genres:
– Mystery (especially, a brilliant locked-room mystery)
– Psychological Horror
– Historical (but you need to know your facts, because we do)
– Strange and quirky stories
– More of this: Shop
It’s also worth noting that we greatly prefer British English.
What We Don’t Want:
– Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, or Modern Fairy Tales
– Science Fiction
– Supernatural Horror (but we will consider stories with an ambiguous ending)
Contributors will be paid via PayPal upon publication. Contributors will also receive an ebook copy of the issue and will be able to order up to ten print copies at near cost price.
Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds
Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
General submissions guidelines can be found on our submissions page.
Via: Black Beacon Books.
- Trembling With Fear 08/20/2017 - August 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: 2019 Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide - August 18, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer On “Does Originality Exist?” - August 14, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/13/2017 - August 13, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Black Dandy - August 11, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The First Line – Winter 2017 - August 9, 2017