- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Red Rabbit Presents
February 28, 2018
Deadline: February 28th, 2018
Payment: $.03 cents a word
Red Rabbit Publishing is seeking submissions for Red Rabbit Presents, a new anthology of sci-fi short stories. I’m looking for action-filled stories told well. That simple.
NOTE: Please Like Red Rabbit’s Facebook group for just-in-time information.
THEME: The first issue will release around mid-2018 and the theme will be military sci-fi. Professional soldiers, command structure, mechs beating down aliens, things like that. Explosions and heroes. Think of Robert A. Heinlein’s Starship Troopers as an example of military sci-fi.
PAY & LENGTH: Rate is $.03 cents a word, original content (no reprints) only. A minimum of 3,000 words and up to 6,000. Story length can go beyond (up to 8,000), but pay will only be to 6,000. ($90.00 to $180.00). Payment will be at time of publication through PayPal. If print books are created, all contributing authors will receive a copy.
RIGHTS: First Worldwide print and electronic English Language rights. Exclusivity for 180 days from date of release. Red Rabbit retains non-exclusive reprint and e-book rights afterward.
DEADLINE: Story deadline for submission is February 28, 2018. Story selection will be made by April 1, 2018. All entrants will be notified around that time or shortly thereafter.
EDITING: A professional editor will work with all authors to ensure a quality story is published. If you prefer, you can secure professional editing at your own expense. (BYOE – Bring Your Own Editor)
BOOK COVERS & PRODUCTION: Red Rabbit Publishing will handle all aspects of design, formatting, and story placement.
SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS: That’s fine, as long as I’m notified (by email) if your submission is accepted elsewhere.
SUBMISSION: Send an email to RRPsubmissions (at) akmeek.com with story attached as a Word document. Please use “Mid-2018 Submission” for email subject. Include the following in the email: story name, word count, author name, along with a blurb of any other information you think I’d like to know. Examples are: awards, social reach, newsletter subscriber count, etc. I’ll leave it up to what you feel is important.
QUESTIONS: Please check out Red Rabbit’s Facebook group (link above). If you prefer, send an email to the submissions email address (above). Please use “question” in the subject line.
A.K. (Red Rabbit Publishing)
Via: A.K. Meek.
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #22 - February 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Occult - February 18, 2019
- ‘Dominic’s Ghosts’ Blog Tour – And Get off My Lawn… Some Writerly Advice from 30 Years of Doing This - February 18, 2019
- WIHM: Knowing Your Industry - February 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/17/2019 - February 17, 2019
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019