- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Pulp Modern, Volume Two, Number One
Deadline: March 10th, 2017
Payment: $10 usd
Note: This isn’t open until March 1st, 2017 but with such a limited submission range, we’re posting this early.
Pulp Modern is a fiction journal that publishes crime, fantasy, science fiction, horror, and westerns. Absolutely NO SUBJECT is taboo. Pulp Modern believes in true and absolute freedom of speech. Stories should be between 2000 and 3500 words. That word count isSTRICTLY ENFORCED. At this time, there will be no serializations unless requested by the editor.
The next reading period is:
March 1, 2017 to March 10, 2017
Pulp Modern will compensate writers a flat rate of ten dollars per story (I understand this isn’t a professional rate and I apologize. Right now, this money comes from my pocket and my pocket just isn’t that deep).
Pulp Modern claims the following publication rights: First English-language Rights, English-language Periodical Rights, World Periodical Rights, and Electronic Distribution Rights. All rights will revert back to the writer six months after initial publication. Should Pulp Modern choose to create an anthology of previously published work, new rights will be negotiated.
Pulp Modern will NOT CONSIDER simultaneous submissions.
Pulp Modern will not publish reprints unless they are requested by the editor.
Pulp Modern will not accept poetry at this time.
To submit stories:
Send your story in standard manuscript format as an attached document (.doc or .rtf) to
Please write “fiction submission” and the title of the story in the subject line.
Include a cover letter in the body of the email as well as a brief biography.
Pulp Modern is published twice a year.
“Diversity” Statement: Pulp Modern believes the color of your skin, the gender you identify with, the religion you practice, and all other identity markers the powers-that-be use to divide, confuse, and set the masses at war with one another have absolutely nothingto do with the quality of your prose. We do not judge your work based on ANYTHING other than the work itself. If you are a great writer, your work will be recognized.
Via: Pulp Modern.
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with Phoebe Darquling - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Til Death: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Poetry Anthology - November 13, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/12/2017 - November 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Out of Your Shadow: Empowered Sidekicks - November 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Alchemy Press Book Of Horrors - November 9, 2017
- Taking Submissions Unnamed Corpus Press Halloween Anthology! - November 8, 2017