- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Munster Middle School for Monsters
November 15, 2020
Deadline: November 15th, 2020
Payment: Contributors Copy
Theme: monsters during their middle school years.
A Collection of Monsterous Tales
Chipper Press is looking for short stories about what life is like for monsters during their middle school years. Do humans know about the monsters? Do they attend school with them? What type of monsters are there? Do they have special classes per species? Do werewolf children get certain days off that trolls don’t? Our readers want a cross between Vampire Academy, Harry Potter, and the School of Night. Our readers want to know what classes are like-when are they held, what subjects do they study, what is the social scene, the sports played, the cliques like?
Entertain our readers with complete stories that show more of the action than simply telling and keep the tales PG for the 9-13 year-old-readers, please.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 5,500 and the maximum word count is 19,000.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum if you must use them.
- No head-hopping or POV changes. Pick one point of view and stick with it. (Your submission will be declined if there is head-hopping.)
- Please show more of the action than just telling the reader what happens.
- Characters need to be fully developed and the stories need to be complete-not just a scene.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2020, with a targeted release date of late January 2021.
Submit your best work. Poorly formatted and unedited work will be turned down. Please use Americanized English spellings. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 5,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double-spaced, 12-point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform and fan base.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2020
Via: Chipper Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!