- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Love Bites
September 30, 2021
Deadline: September 30th, 2021
Theme: Grisly short stories of love- gone WRONG.
Submissions open from July 1st to September 30th.
Send your submission to with the subject heading “STORY TITLE – AUTHOR NAME”.
Accepted authors will receive $20 through paypal.
For our first ever horror anthology “Love Bites” we seek grisly short stories of love- gone WRONG. Offer us your tales of doomed lovers, toxic relationships, broken hearts and unrequited desires – but remember – your tale must have a supernatural twist or element!
We ask that you avoid submitting stories about vampires and werewolves- We will of course consider a vampire or werewolf story but keep in mind you’ll have to make it extra compelling for us to accept it.
Your story must be between 1,000-8,000 words. Ensure that any scenes of a sexual nature are necessary and non-exploitative, and avoid graphic “torture adult content” levels of violence.
Any submissions not following these guidelines will be rejected.
1. Email your submission to . Include your name and the title of your submission in the subject header.
2. Your work must be double-spaced and in a 12pt, PROFESSIONAL font. If you send us a manuscript typed in Comic Sans, WingDings, or Papyrus, your work will be ritually sacrificed to an eldritch clown deity. DO NOT use the “tab” or “space” key to indent your paragraphs – use the ruler at the top of the page or Microsoft Word’s paragraph tool.
3. Make sure you’re satisfied with the piece you’re submitting. We’ll be happy to consider edits before the release date, but be sure to proofread to the best of your ability beforehand.
4. As a formality, in the body of your email, please provide a brief cover letter letting us know a little about yourself and what you do. Here is a link to a guideline for standard author cover letters. How to Write a Short Story Cover Letter
Don’t let this scare you away! You don’t have to have any previous experience or publications in order to be accepted, if your story is good, that’s all that matters!
5. Mischief Publishing is not interested in stories that have gratuitous sex, violence, or excessive swearing. That isn’t to say we only want “Family Friendly” content, but we ask that you keep it respectful and be aware of how your words might affect others.
If you have any questions, email . We look forward to hearing from you!
Via: Mischief Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!