- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: It Calls From The Forest
Deadline: February 15th, 2020
Payment: Equal royalty split per story.
Submissions Open: Now
Submissions Close: February 15, 2020 12:00 a.m. EST
Publishing timeline: April 2020
Style: Dark Specualtive
Theme: Give me your tales of monsters in the woods, urban legends, a family that mysteriously goes missing, a haunted cabin, a hiker that stumbles upon something unthinkable. Anything that happens in the woods or is from the woods is welcome.
Word count: 1000 – 4000 (hard limits)
Compensation: Equal royalty split per story. PDF digital copy.
How to submit: See our Submission Format guide below – stories will be rejected or sent back.
Send your story as an attachment in Word format to
Your email title should be read: “Submission: Forest Anthology – Story Name – Author name”
Multiple Submission: Yes – Please send no more than five. Up to three acceptances. Must be sent in a separate email.
What is speculative fiction? Think paranormal or anything that cannot be rationalized. Here is a better description.
Things that are a hard pass: any animal erotica, rape or unnecessary violence.
Via: Eerie River Publishing.
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020
- WIHM: Redefining the Horror Genre - February 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Gotta Wear Eclipse Glasses - February 17, 2020