- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Invoking Destiny: Wands, Wings, and Wardens
Deadline: May 30th, 2023
Payment: 2 contributors copies
Theme: Fantasy stories
Set in a time and place of magic, these fantastic tales contain wizards, dragons, fairies, and warriors. Want to explore a world of dragons and wizards yearning to break free? Dreaming about a guardian saving the town of creatures and talking animals from lurking evil in the forest? Dreams can come true, but they can also be crushed. Sometimes, winged fiends win the day. Let your imagination run wild amid these stories of magic and mayhem.
May 30th 2023 at Midnight EST
By End of 2023
- 2 complimentary paper copies. US Only.
- Access to buy author copies at a discounted rate.
- We retain first publication rights for the first 90 days of publication. After that feel free to sell and republish your entry as you wish. All entries will solely belong to you.
- Wide distribution.
- By sending in a submission, you are agreeing to the rights above and will receive confirmation to further information regarding contest.
Here’s what we need from you to include:
- 12 pt font
- Calibri or Times New Roman
- Double-spaced throughout (without extra spaces between paragraphs)
- Indented for new paragraphs
- 1-inch margin all around
- Include a title page with pen name & author name
- Title of work
- Header with pen name, title, and page number in top right-hand corner.
- 2,500 – 5,000 words
- Must be 18+ or have written permission from parent or guardian.
- If you do not follow the submission and formatting guidelines you will be rejected without feedback and should resubmit. We will not review submissions that fail to follow instructions nor answer the questions we need.
- You must have your first manuscript completed before submitting. You are only sending us the first 10K words, but it is important to know we can hit the ground running.
- This writing should be fully edited. We shouldn’t see simply grammatical errors and misspelled words that are being flagged with Word upon opening. Please submit polished and well edited writing.
- Do not submit more or less of the word count range or this will result in a automatic rejection.
- Only US authors are eligible for complimentary copies.
Via: 4 Horsemen Publications.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!