- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Into The Unknown
Deadline: June 30th, 2017
Payment: $5 per 1,000 words up front, royalties, and a contributor’s copy
Franklin/Kerr Press is looking for exceptional sci-fi short stories with a focus on new worlds and civilizations for our upcoming sci-fi anthology Into the Unknown. Stories can cover a wide variety of sci-fi sub-genres as long as they utilize new worlds and civilizations in some context. We will not accept works with erotic or extreme sexually explicit elements. We will choose eight to ten stories to include in the anthology from author submissions to be published in both print and e-book formats.
All stories should be edited and as error free as possible prior to submission. Each story can range from 2,000 to 8,000 words, however, longer stories will be considered.
Accepted works will grant Franklin/Kerr Press first exclusive English-language rights for one year and non-exclusive English-language rights for the life of the anthology in digital and print formats. The author of each short story will retain the copyright to their respective work.
Payment per Story
$5 per 1,000 words
Each author will also receive one copy of the published anthology in print and be entitled to an author discount on additional copies.
Once the anthology recoups all up-front cost to produce and distribute, authors will receive a percentage of royalties paid from net sales for one year. Royalties will be disbursed quarterly.
Simultaneous & Multiple Submissions
No simultaneous submissions will be accepted. Multiple submissions from the same author will be considered but please note that only one story per author will be accepted to allow for greater variety and diversity. Previously unpublished stories only, no reprints unless requested.
July 30, 2017 or until all slots have been filled.
How to Submit
Send your full manuscript along with a query letter, brief bio and social media URLs to [email protected] in a .DOC or .DOCX format with a subject line of “ITU Anthology Submission / Your Name,” i.e. “ITU Anthology Submission / John Doe.” Submissions should be formatted according to the Shunn Short Story Manuscript Formatting Guide here. We will send out acceptance notifications a few weeks after the submission deadline.
Via: Franklin Kerr Press.
- Trembling With Fear 10/22/2017 - October 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Brewed Awakenings Volume 4 - October 20, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Longshot Island - October 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome – Cthulhu Christmas Special - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Awakenings - October 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2018 - October 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine - October 16, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 10/15/2017 - October 15, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Primordial Magazine - October 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tumblr-Twist Anthology - October 12, 2017