- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Hell is for Children
October 1, 2016
Deadline: October 1st, 2016
Payment: $25 and contributor’s copy
Note: This just hit my inbox so I apologize about the short notice!
Hell is for Children is a horror anthology and it’s all about terrifying stories involving children. Whether they are ghost stories, tales of possession, or simply being about children who are bad seeds, we are looking for stories that will terrify and linger with you long after you’ve finished reading.
We want dark, original stories with strong character development that embraces the theme of the anthology but still manage to push its boundaries as well. Gory, haunting, twisted or dark, if it’s fresh and original we want to read it.
Here are the guidelines:
Short Fiction (3,000 to 6,000 words) for Hell is for Children
- We are currently seeking short stories for our first horror themed anthology, Hell is for Children.
- Submission Deadline 10/1/16
- Submission Guidelines:
- Include an email containing word count, brief bio, and contact information
- Please confirm that your story has not been published before
- Attach your complete story in .doc, .docx, .rtf format.
- We are not accepting reprints
- Simultaneous submissions for short stories are allowed but we ask that you contact us immediately if your story is accepted elsewhere
- Send to [email protected], with subject line: Hell is for Children – Title – Author
- Payment: We pay $25 per accepted submission and a digital and print copy of the anthology
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!