- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Ghastly Gastronomy
December 31, 2019
Deadline: December 31st, 2019
You know us as a publisher of amazing horror. But what you may not know is that Publishing Editor John Baltisberger worked as a Chef and in the Food Industry for most of his adult life prior to coming to us. So after much insistence from him we agreed to put out a cookbook.
We are looking for and asking for your greatest food based horror stories. Pizza that causes mutation, a family roast whose stuffing brings your nightmares to life. The odd color that gives you a headache emanating from your left overs. This is not a cannibalism anthology, cannibalism is unlikely to be accepted unless it is completely unique in a fascinating way. Each story should feature a dish. The concept is that the reader will be able to read the story and then recreate the dish from the story (with some liberties for illegal/alien or weird ingredients.
If you have a recipe to match that dish please include it, if you don’t, no worries. We’ll put our poor publishing editor back to work in the kitchen for you.
- We will not accept any stories about rape.
- Racism/Sexism/Bigotry of any form will never be accepted here.
- Stories over 1500 words preferred. (not including recipe)
- Double check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF format.
- We prefer stories that have not been published before.
- We prefer to avoid multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- We retain exclusive publishing rights for 12 months.
- We pay $5.00 for stories
- We provide a digital contributor copy free and at cost+shipping physical copies
- Rejection/Acceptance letters will be sent out when submissions have been closed.
- Submissions Will Close When Enough Stories Have Been Collected or on 12/31/19
Via: Madness Heart Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!